SB ($2)
      Button ($2.88)
      MP1 ($2.35)
      BB ($1.99)
      MP3 ($2.05)
      UTG ($2.03)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with K:diamond: , K:club:
      UTG bets $0.08, Hero raises $0.24, 5 folds, SB calls $0.23, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.58) 3:diamond: , 10:heart: , 5:heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($0.58) 9:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.28, SB calls $0.28

River: ($1.14) Q:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

Total pot: $1.14

I checked on flop to get information,because if he bets turn he is either trying to buy the pot thinking he has me beat,or is impatient with a set.And on river i thought that if i bet he will probably fold and i evade a check/raise.Anyway i feel like a played it very bad. Thanks.
  • 3 replies
    • Poker4Taxi
      I think you have to bet the flop for value in my opinion. You can see where you stand a bit better that way. But again this is the sort of situation I struggle with, if they call your bet they either have TPTK, a smaller overpair or a set.

If they check the flop in position they are less likely to have that set I guess, but you should be protecting against flush draw as well I think.

I think I would bet the flop, but as I say listen to the pros they know best.

To answer the initial question I would bet the river for value also.
    • koosMaras
      Hi Ectoz,

By checking on the flop you get zero information. You just give him free card. That's the flop where you must Cbet. Set would donk because he needs to protect against possible flushdraw, though at least he would check/raise here. Villain calls your 3bet from SB so it's TT-QQ and AKs. I guess it's kinda tight range. More loose player can show AQ, KJs+.

So by not cbeting you miss value from JJ,QQ, flushdraws. Obviously you must bet the turn when SB checks again. Though would bet something like 0.35$. And on the turn we have 9 so if he has wider calling 3bet range pre-flop now he also could catch a draw, for example, QJs, KJs+ would also have gutshot now(talking about Q J etc.). Now should bet again on the river since check flop, check/call turn and check river means a draw, also JJ could play this way. QQ would bet the river, TT would bet the flop, at least the turn.

Conclusion: Bet flop, bet turn, all-in river. You missed a lot of value here.
    • Duudalinja

Bet flop for value - he can easily call you with worse PP or even drawing hand.

As played bet more on turn and bet river for value - you are missing value here! Don't be afraid of betting here, just start with cbet and go on - it's the only way to get his stack.

Good luck!