Is it a conspirancy against fish?

• locotyson
      locotyson
      Bronze
      Poker is a very moral game. :s_evil:

I'm happy that PS provided with the 50$ on William Hill now I allmost spent them all so I have nothing to cash out.

I'd rather have all in them in a cash table with any AA-QQ and double them or nothing, because it's just a free bankroll. But PS says, to protec :s_frown: the beginners :f_frown: we're just allowed to play in the low stack tables.

Is it the real reason? If PS have said "well our target is to make you loyal to the poker room you subscribed" I'd have found this very logical, isn't? but they say it is to protect the begginers. What do you think?
  • 7 replies
    • iRozi54
      iRozi54
      Bronze
      by the time u get them all in with the monster hand u'll lose ur bankroll to blinds.

it is a free bankroll for u but u must understand that someone is giving that money from their pocket so i like that PS put restricions on stakes u can play.

i dont want to flame u or anything...but ur thinking is the reason why there are restricons imo
    • locotyson
      locotyson
      Bronze
      No worries, nobody knows everything unless he's told everything. I didn't see that point. So mostly, it is to protect the other players?
      Thank you indeed
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      to maximize the rake you pay before going busto...

Pokerstrategy needs you to generate around $100 rake so they won't loose on their $50 investment... if you would take those $50 to nl100 you would most likely just generate around $2 rake.. so that would mean $49 loss for pokerstrategy...

These are just numbers and facts I made up.. And I have no clue how pokerstrategy buisness plan works..
      but this looks pretty logical..
    • scscpoker
      scscpoker
      Bronze
      Their goal is not to give you money for gambling, to push allin in highstakes, win or lose and cash out. I dont know what u dont understand about that. This is PokerSTRATEGY, u should learn how to play and beat those low limits - they are just helping to players, I really dont see anything wrong with that... Also, if you wanna gamble on high stakes, u are free to deposit own money at any time :p

About rake: one good active winning player on, for example nl10, can make rake of one free capital every week or month for lifetime. He plays few months and poker site have enought money to give away free money to many people. Some of those people will also start winning. They are definitely making enought profit.
    • locotyson
      locotyson
      Bronze
      If you have read my first post totally you would've known that :
      Of course I'm happy to receive this money.
      Of course I'm happy to spend it (even more to win some) even by microstakes.
      Of course I beleive PS has some reason to give this money (adverstisment, marketing, loyalty programs, alliance) and that they have to put some limits because they expect some ROI.

The only thing I say is that they have to tell the real reasons why they are putting those restrictions, further to the fact PS protect us :f_love:
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      It's not a lie when they say they are protecting you from going broke asap...
    • wuttehhell
      wuttehhell
      Bronze
      They indeed put that restriction to protect you, the beginner.
      It is common knowledge what beginners are tempted to play with their whole br on the table, especially after having a few bad beats, and that usually ends up very bad for the player.
      You shouldn't even care about the restrictions, because if you are smart, you brm rules will be at least as nity as that restrictions imply.