[NL2-NL10] NL10 6max Rush, QQ overpair

• Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Villains stats: 15/2/4.0 during 49 hands.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button ($3.80)
      SB ($37.82)
      BB ($14.59)
      UTG ($3.90)
      MP ($12.87)
      Hero (CO) ($11.46)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q, Q
      2 folds, Hero bets $0.30, 2 folds, BB calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.65) 6, J, 4 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.65, BB raises to $1.30, Hero calls $0.65

Turn: ($3.25) 10 (2 players)
      BB bets $12.35, Hero ???

Let me take a shot :) I should have ended the hand on the flop - either shoving or folding. Shove would be justifiable because we can't always fold in spots like this being afraid of a set. And there are a lot of hands that I beat - JX and various draws.
      And as played there aren't much hands I beat so pretty easy fold.
      Correct?
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Bliausmas,

As played yes, likely just fold. No point to Call there, and either we don't have the Q either. Might be already drawing dead. But shipping directly on flop is kinda marginal for the reason that with Calling we also let bluffs continue and maybe weak TPs. So without good reason I don't really like to go broke there on flop, he may as well have sets only there.

Best regards.
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Hi veriz, thanks for your answer.
      So your suggestion would be to slowplay the flop? Strange, because the board is kinda draw heavy, and going to extract max value from bluffs would be really risky. He may have anything here and I actually don't want to see a lot of cards on the turn, like any diamond, jack, even seven, five or three would make me worry a bit.
      But OK, lets call the flop and what I should do now? If scary card comes and I meet a lot of aggression - fold, if not scary card - value, or slowplay to induce bluff?
      And the last question - if we would shove the flop here, and bump into set - would it be more a cooler or just a bad play? I mean, you wouldn' justify a shove here?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      So your suggestion would be to slowplay the flop?

It's not slowplaying the flop. We could easily be there far ahead or far behind. If we had there top-set then we could say that we are slowplaying. Also when we reraise and trying to go broke he may even sometimes fold weak J like JT or whatsoever, if he is reasonable player.

But OK, lets call the flop and what I should do now? If scary card comes and I meet a lot of aggression - fold, if not scary card - value, or slowplay to induce bluff?

If he still keeps the aggression I might even find a fold sometimes, depending on his bet sizings and etc and of course the opponent.

And the last question - if we would shove the flop here, and bump into set - would it be more a cooler or just a bad play? I mean, you wouldn' justify a shove here?

I wouldn't say that it's a cooler just for the reason that he didn't make any mistakes preflop, he called for set value and hit it. And we more likely made a mistake that we didn't understand that. That's also why I try to take such spots more passively when I either don't know the opponent or feel like being more often against set.