[NL2-NL10] NL10 6max Rush, AA overpair on very drawy board

• Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Villains stats: 29/25/1.8 during 49 hands.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB ($8.91)
      BB ($13.52)
      UTG ($12.74)
      MP ($8.13)
      CO ($20.39)
      Hero (Button) ($10.85)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A, A
      UTG bets $0.20, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.75, 2 folds, UTG calls $0.55

Flop: ($1.65) 6, 3, 10 (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $1, UTG calls $1

Turn: ($3.65) Q (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $3, UTG calls $3

River: ($9.65) 7 (2 players)
      UTG bets $7.99 (All-In), Hero ???

Now I think like this:
      I wouldn't want to go all the way with just one pair, so pot controlling would be good on the turn, therefore a bet of 2,2-2,3$ would be better instead of 3$. That also would give me easier fold on the ugly river.
      But as played - I see I'm dead here but I'm pretty much commited here. If I would pot controlled the turn, it would be pretty clear fold.

And another thing is that I pot control way too much sometimes. I guess I should avoid those spots and stick to betting where I clearly see value?
  • 4 replies
    • SneakyhanD
      SneakyhanD
      Bronze
      Did you call there ? my guess would be that you actually did call and he showed QT 2pairs ?

his line doesn't seem like flush, but it's just me :)

Interested to see the judge post here
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Bliausmas,

It's funny but I guess often times I even consider folding here. Since those lines are often just TOO strong, and he also seems to be kinda passive guy. Why should he take such a line with weak hand while we have bet both Flop & Turn. Therefore I guess I might even consider making the weak fold, and even if he does have there a worse hand, let it be. Of course if he would have checked to us, we would just shove but now, when he decides to take the shove that turns things around. And the bet sizings are totally fine. What did he have then? :)

Best regards.
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      He had J:heart: T:heart: here. Good to hear that my call wasn't a terrible mistake here though.
      Actually it would be very interesting to know what do you think about my opponents play here? I think he made a bad move calling the turn with insufficient pot (ant even implied) odds, and he couldn't even be sure if his 2 pair would be enough if he spikes T or J on the river. But what's your opinion?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Bliausmas
      He had J:heart: T:heart: here. Good to hear that my call wasn't a terrible mistake here though.
      Actually it would be very interesting to know what do you think about my opponents play here? I think he made a bad move calling the turn with insufficient pot (ant even implied) odds, and he couldn't even be sure if his 2 pair would be enough if he spikes T or J on the river. But what's your opinion?
      He made a pretty big mistake Calling it preflop but as he hit his TP postflop, I guess it's doable. And we got a good example where you see that more likely they are having a very strong hand in those situations.