$5 AA post

• DonCorleone369
      DonCorleone369
      Bronze
      Poker Stars $5.00+$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t25/t50 Blinds - 6 players - View hand 1161631
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

MP: t3490 69.80 BBs
      CO: t3880 77.60 BBs
      BTN: t1020 20.40 BBs
      Hero (SB): t3235 64.70 BBs
      BB: t1175 23.50 BBs
      UTG: t700 14 BBs

Pre Flop: (t75) Hero is SB with A:diamond: A:spade:
      1 fold, MP calls t50, 2 folds, Hero raises to t200, 1 fold, MP calls t150

Flop: (t450) 9:spade: 9:club: 8:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets t300, MP calls t300

Turn: (t1050) 8:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets t700, MP folds

Vs unknown.. I think pre and flop is quite standard.. but I don't know about turn though? does it make sense to bet there? All underpairs will fold and only overpairs TT+ might call (but is unlikely holding).. Ax might call a small bet.. but for the rest I don't actually get value from worse hands here..

So I think I should have check/call small bet turn and bet small river (to get value from Ax) if villain checks turn as well... what do you think?
  • 4 replies
    • LuckyDimes
      LuckyDimes
      Bronze
      I suggest to not slow play aces. Check/Call isn't an option. You have a strong hand, but it can be outplayed by as small as a two pair. You should always bet and protect your hand. Unless you hit a nut full house, of course. Play for value when you know your opponent has a weaker hand or is a calling station, who can't get rid of crappy hands.
    • DonCorleone369
      DonCorleone369
      Bronze
      Originally posted by LuckyDimes
      I suggest to not slow play aces. Check/Call isn't an option. You have a strong hand, but it can be outplayed by as small as a two pair. You should always bet and protect your hand. Unless you hit a nut full house, of course. Play for value when you know your opponent has a weaker hand or is a calling station, who can't get rid of crappy hands.
      OK SORRY FOLKS.. THESE THREADS SHOULD HAVE BEEN POSTED IN THE SNG HAND EVALUATION FORUM! :O I just noticed it.. I hope someone could (admin) transfer it there..

Sorry again.. and thx in advance
    • DonCorleone369
      DonCorleone369
      Bronze
      ADMIN??? Can you please transfer this to the SNG hand evalution forum.. where it belongs.. Thx in advance! and sorry for inconvenience..
    • variancekiller
      variancekiller
      Bronze
      Originally posted by LuckyDimes
      I think you are missing some points here.

The range of hands that villian will call with is beating your AA.
      checking here is not the worst of actions on the turn.
      I would go with check/call turn check/call river. Since that way you will keep his bluffs in and some of his value range (AK, AQ maybe and TT+).
      When you bet he will most likely fold those hands!