micro skill

• theguy
      theguy
      Bronze
      I've been playing at micro stakes for 2 years now with some breaks and I've read all the articles and more important I understand them and use them in my game and for the past 3 months I must say I am playing pretty good. I've seen loads of videos and compared my game with them and I play pretty much the same. BUT!! Tell me why am I break even all the time ? I play at profitable tables, valuebet, PF game is close to perfect, dont get in to marginal spots, stoped my previous FPS etc. I mean AFAIK this is more than enough to beat the micros. Do you really have to be a semi-pro to beat them or what ?? Wat is the secret ????

EDIT: I think I picked the wrong section :) this should be at self study probably
  • 9 replies
    • beefpuff
      beefpuff
      Bronze
      Impossible to say without knowing more. Do you use a tracking program? If so, post your stats and someone may be able to find leaks (e.g. vpip/pfr/3bet/..etc). You could also try to do a sweat-session with someone else who is playing on the same stakes as you. Review your big winning and losing hands to see if you played them optimally (but don't be results orientated when assessing them). Post hands in the forums. There are tons of things you can do to improve your game but asking this question in the way you phrased it is probably the least helpful thing you can do ;) Good luck!
    • theguy
      theguy
      Bronze
      I do post my big hands and some of which I am not sure and I'd say that 90% of time coaches say NH to me. I used to use pt3 but then it started to crash when played with ongame. My stats were ok. well at least the basic ones vpip/pfr/af/3bet etc. It just makes me curious that how come I cannot beat a level which some people beat by just using one chart ( tried this as well )
    • gsergiul
      gsergiul
      Bronze
      People using just the chart aren't winners I assure you and it's not as easy as it seems to beat the micros at least nowadays, when you have to fold tptk and stuff like this several times in a row it feels like you are being owned by inferior players and makes you use bad plays as them sometimes your mind making the correlation that bad play is being rewarded and there is where all your winnings go imo, making those two calls you knew you shouldn't have made, betting that hand and refusing to fold when you see extreme resistance etc.
    • TetraQuark
      TetraQuark
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gsergiul
      People using just the chart aren't winners I assure you and it's not as easy as it seems to beat the micros at least nowadays, when you have to fold tptk and stuff like this several times in a row it feels like you are being owned by inferior players and makes you use bad plays as them sometimes your mind making the correlation that bad play is being rewarded and there is where all your winnings go imo, making those two calls you knew you shouldn't have made, betting that hand and refusing to fold when you see extreme resistance etc.
      +1
    • shivas80
      shivas80
      Bronze
      Don't know ur habbits... tho try to play more sessions less hands each... i mean separate your play into smaller sessions.

Myself, played 1 year in microlimits (still playing), and was breakeven... now 3 months im playing only 200-300 hands per session, taking breaks, playing again...

currently beating 20bb/100 my limit.

For myself i can say... the longer the session the more breakeven/losing it is.
    • OZSA
      OZSA
      Bronze
      ye definitely, i used to play 5-6k hand sessions and i realized the non showdown winnings are sick down when u grind like that, playing around 1k hand session they are breakeven or little below (I play FR).
      I played micro(nl10) for over a year and a half now with little breaks, and my winnings were like 20% own, 80% rakeback..so it sucked alot, but since I focus on the game and the game only (and I quit when I feel Im getting worse) i'm doing nice profit.. cant really do 20bb/100 on my limit like shivas said, but i got 13.5bb/100 on 64k hands this month, didnt play as much I used to do, but this made the profit I guess..

get a HEM, and get a sweat session, u must do light calldowns or alot of bluffs, or going broke pre with weak hands (like TT JJ)..someone has got to analyze ur play.. and winning by the chart, with no hud i dont think u can.
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by theguy
      I do post my big hands and some of which I am not sure and I'd say that 90% of time coaches say NH to me. I used to use pt3 but then it started to crash when played with ongame. My stats were ok. well at least the basic ones vpip/pfr/af/3bet etc. It just makes me curious that how come I cannot beat a level which some people beat by just using one chart ( tried this as well )
      Well. your not supposed to post all big hands.. it's the hands your unsure of.. where you think.. could i have played that better? could i have won more money with my winning hand or lost less with my losing?

if 90% hands you post they say nh then your posting the wrong hands imo.
    • AllAboutTheBenjamins
      AllAboutTheBenjamins
      Bronze
      Originally posted by theguy
      What tracking program would you recommend?
    • shivas80
      shivas80
      Bronze
      Holdem manager for sure... tho if u want free, grind for PS Elephant