This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] [SH] NL50 Rush - 2nd pair mono board

• StaticMoth
      StaticMoth
      Silver

Villain midstacking fish

I don't think he flopped a set nor the flush coz he'd be just putting me in once I raise on the flop (my mistake #1 was raising so small).

He'd most likely shove all of his overpairs that have a diamond as well ...

So I have him this range (all the A diamonds and other hands that contain at least 1 diamond as well)

So only hand I'm screwed against is A9o with the A of :diamond:

I either have the best made hand against a FD or I'm drawing to the FD myself.

EDIT: forgot to add all the overpairs without a diamond that he might call on the flop to see a safe turn and then put the rest in.
  • 4 replies
    • utenosmelynas
      utenosmelynas
      Bronze
      My recommendation would be don't try to steal this pot. It's too drawy and you have only 8high FD. + opp is fish but he raises from UTG so his range is stronger overall. And you should add made flushes to his range anyway I think. of course it depends how aggressive he is... All in all I would recommend stay away from these spots. Pick better ones :) As you see you won't make profits from it anyway. Even with your calculations you're underdog :)
    • StaticMoth
      StaticMoth
      Silver
      Yes, that much I realized myself as well ...

I guess there isn't too much to say here actually other than ...
      "It's not horrible, but totally unnecessary variance with not much to gain"
      :tongue:

So now come to think of it ... no idea why I posted this :f_biggrin:
    • utenosmelynas
      utenosmelynas
      Bronze
      Originally posted by StaticMoth
      Yes, that much I realized myself as well ...

I guess there isn't too much to say here actually other than ...
      "It's not horrible, but totally unnecessary variance with not much to gain"
      :tongue:

So now come to think of it ... no idea why I posted this :f_biggrin:
      Well, happens :)
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I don´t mind flop raise, but I think you have to fold turn shove.
      Sometimes he has there overpair with fd and you have 5% and even if he has there overcards with fd, you´re not really that big favorite that you should hero call there