[NL20-NL50] [SH] NL50 Rush - 2nd pair mono board

• StaticMoth
      StaticMoth
      Silver

Villain midstacking fish

I don't think he flopped a set nor the flush coz he'd be just putting me in once I raise on the flop (my mistake #1 was raising so small).

He'd most likely shove all of his overpairs that have a diamond as well ...

So I have him this range (all the A diamonds and other hands that contain at least 1 diamond as well)

So only hand I'm screwed against is A9o with the A of :diamond:

I either have the best made hand against a FD or I'm drawing to the FD myself.

EDIT: forgot to add all the overpairs without a diamond that he might call on the flop to see a safe turn and then put the rest in.
  • 4 replies
    • utenosmelynas
      utenosmelynas
      Bronze
      My recommendation would be don't try to steal this pot. It's too drawy and you have only 8high FD. + opp is fish but he raises from UTG so his range is stronger overall. And you should add made flushes to his range anyway I think. of course it depends how aggressive he is... All in all I would recommend stay away from these spots. Pick better ones :) As you see you won't make profits from it anyway. Even with your calculations you're underdog :)
    • StaticMoth
      StaticMoth
      Silver
      Yes, that much I realized myself as well ...

I guess there isn't too much to say here actually other than ...
      "It's not horrible, but totally unnecessary variance with not much to gain"
      :tongue:

So now come to think of it ... no idea why I posted this :f_biggrin:
    • utenosmelynas
      utenosmelynas
      Bronze
      Originally posted by StaticMoth
      Yes, that much I realized myself as well ...

I guess there isn't too much to say here actually other than ...
      "It's not horrible, but totally unnecessary variance with not much to gain"
      :tongue:

So now come to think of it ... no idea why I posted this :f_biggrin:
      Well, happens :)
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I don´t mind flop raise, but I think you have to fold turn shove.
      Sometimes he has there overpair with fd and you have 5% and even if he has there overcards with fd, you´re not really that big favorite that you should hero call there