[NL2-NL10] NL10 AA vs aggro SS

• Meemawuk
      Aggro short stacker opens the button and I flat because I think it should be easy enough to get his stack postflop due to being an ultra TAG. I check expecting him to bet most flops due to his agro factor but he bets smaller than I expect, so my raise ends up being a really odd size. How should I size this?

He gets it in anyway and misses his gutshot but runner runners the low end cos thats how he rolls.

Is my play here okay vs shortstacker? obviously I 3-bet preflop for value vs a full stack.

Known players:

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:spade: , A:club:
      6 folds, BU raises to $0.35, SB folds, Hero calls $0.25.

Flop: ($0.75) T:diamond: , 7:club: , 6:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0.4, Hero raises to $1.95, BU raises to $2.76 (All-In), Hero calls $0.81.

Turn: ($6.27) 5:heart:
      River: ($6.27) 4:club: (2 players)

Final Pot: $6.27

Results follow (highlight to see):
      BU shows a straight, eight high (8h 8c)
      Hero shows (As Ac)

BU wins with a straight, eight high (8h 8c)
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello Meemawuk,

Preflop: For the reason that he has such a low stealing %, I guess he very often does that anyways for value and might even go broke here. Therefore you could easily even consider just 3betting. Although for the given reason that he is pretty aggressive/short-stack I sometimes pick such a line as well.

As played
      Postflop: I'd actually play the same way, the board is too drawy to just let him draw. But I'd just Check/Shove for the reason that he doesn't have much left anyways.

Best regards.