[NL2-NL10] NL10 AJs

• Meemawuk
      I check back here due to aggro opponent. It might be an option. When I marked this hand I didn't like how I played it but I think he can raise me on this flop often. There may be an argument for raising the turn sometimes since he's leading 2 overs and every PP there often? Not sure what I am repping but he basically has to fold any non-pair hand and some weak made hands if i raise the turn right?

Also, I'm aware that a number of my posts today are from spots where I don't c-bet. I was just trying different lines and Don't want to get into the habit of C-betting 100%. I'm looking for more details about the kind of textures I should be checking back more/less often.

Known players:

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with A:spade: , J:spade:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, 5 folds, SB calls $0.35, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.90) 9:diamond: , 6:club: , 5:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($0.90) 2:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.65, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $1.55
  • 3 replies
    • RasTweet
      I think I would cbet him on flop.
      His VPIP is 12 so he is playing the better hands and prob PP. If he calls your cbet on the flop you know he has u probably beat.
      The fact he doesn't bet the flop makes me think he doesn't have a PP but more like Ax. His AggF is that high that he probably will bet the flop if he had a PP.
      That's what I think but I would wait for the pros to evaluate the hand =D Just wondering what they say :p
    • veriz
      Hello Meemawuk,

I'd like to mention out that there are a lot of factors which can put you into not CBetting on the flop. And those is one of them. When he is raising often CBets then he will likely do it on this one. And also a lot of his calling range has hit here and I am pretty sure if he for example Called with any PP which didn't hit he is likely going to continue. Therefore I like the Check behind here and giving up for the reason that you was aware of his play and plan to raise you or play rather tricky. Nice hand!

By the way, keep going the good work with posts. :) I am pretty sure we will turn your game around with those all posts and we discuss the hands. Well done!

Best regards.
    • Meemawuk
      Thanks! I'm really making a strong effort to improve here and your hand reviews not only on my hands, but also other people's hands, are definitely helping. Thanks!