PartyPoker Short Stack Strategy

• j888ey
      j888ey
      Bronze
      So most 5/10c tables on party poker requre a min buy in of $3.50 (and the ones with a min $2 have atleast 50% of players sitting with $2).

How then are we supposed to put the SSS into practise on this site?

Is there an edited method?

Are we supposed to jump straight into the BSS?
  • 9 replies
    • TiciBoy
      TiciBoy
      Bronze
      Poker sites changed buyin rules some time ago, so SSS on normal 100bb buyin tables is not possible...

You can still play it on shallow tables, it gets little harder, since there are more shortstacks at the table. But it can still be profitable, because there are a lot of fish at this tables (atleast on micro-low limits).
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hi j888ey,

As TiciBoy already wrote, there are tables on PartyPoker where you still can buy in for 20 bbs. Those tables are named with the prefix "20BB".

The other option is to start with BSS:
      Strategy: No-Limit Big Stack Strategy

If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Best regards,
      Hannes
    • j888ey
      j888ey
      Bronze
      So would you recommend going straight for BBS?

Do I need to make any alterations to the SSS other than ignoring the 'no more than 2 short stacks' rule?
    • TiciBoy
      TiciBoy
      Bronze
      In the long run I recommend you to learn BSS.
      Not much alterations, since shortstacks on this limits mostly won't play proper SSS, so you can play by the chart provided... If you notice some players that play proper SSS like you, you can explit this and try to steal blinds from them if you are in good position...
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      The SSS is a good start if you are not familiar with poker. However sooner or later you should consider to swap to BSS as you will have much more tables.

Best regards,
      Hannes
    • j888ey
      j888ey
      Bronze
      Ok, think I'll go straight into BSS as I already have a basic knowledge of poker, just not of odds and outs. It does seem A LOT more complicated though, guess Ill just have to be doing a lot of reading :p
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Just want to mention , I have been a losing player for some time, but sss has helped me to tighten my game and given me a better ability to play bss!!! :P
    • j888ey
      j888ey
      Bronze
      Im hopeing this is something I'll be able to say in a few weeks time :) Ive definitely gained insight in just the past couple of days! Making sure there is a reason behind every bet is a key one the helped me so far!
    • Hadi
      Hadi
      Bronze
      Best of luck buddy and keep us posted :)