[NL2-NL10] NL5_JJ as overpair

• JohnTheGreatest
      JohnTheGreatest
      Silver
      Hello there! ;)

Villain: VPIP/PFR/AF 21/14/4. 268 hands, pretty quiet guy who plays only easy/safe hands/boards, imo.

This should be good fold imo after he re-raises me on this flop.

His range: includes every pp from 22+ to JJ (other higher pockets he would just 3bet preflop), AJs, AQs, AKs and 78s+ as well (in this case hearts imo), cause with off suited hands it just doesn't make sense for him to stay in this hand.

and all the midpairs, like 77 to TT they often tend to just call down to the showdown unless there comes some picture card.

Whats your opinion on this hand? Imo, easy fold after he re-raises the flop, cause I didn't see this guy to re-raise flops at all be4 this hand.

TY, miljon.

Poker Stars $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 1163604
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

SB: $7.32
      BB: $12.50
      UTG: $12.31
      Hero (CO): $5.76
      BTN: $3.74

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is CO with J :heart: J :diamond:
      1 fold, Hero raises to $0.16, 1 fold, SB calls $0.14, 1 fold

Flop: ($0.37) 2 :spade: 4 :heart: 6 :heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.26, SB raises to $1.20, Hero raises to $5.60 all in, SB calls $4.40

Turn: ($11.57) K :club: (2 players - 1 is all in)

River: ($11.57) Q :spade: (2 players - 1 is all in)

Final Pot: $11.57

(Rake: $0.57)
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello miljonszalie,

That's the flop where I just Bet/Fold for the reason as you mentioned yourself already that he plays rather easy/safe hands. He will very often have here sets unless we have some other proofs. Also his raise seems to be kinda bigger which could indicate to a good hand.

Best regards.
    • JohnTheGreatest
      JohnTheGreatest
      Silver
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello miljonszalie,

That's the flop where I just Bet/Fold for the reason as you mentioned yourself already that he plays rather easy/safe hands. He will very often have here sets unless we have some other proofs. Also his raise seems to be kinda bigger which could indicate to a good hand.

Best regards.
      Yeah,

I thought exactly that I'm against a set or nut FD in this case, - so there's no need for me to shove on him. this was my mistake when I took this shot to NL5, cause I mainly play NL2 and now I'm climbing up the limits, and even it's NL5, - I see most of my opponents are better for sure than at NL2. and you can't get it in profitably just with an overpair (which you can very often at NL2), so I might have tighten up a bit in some spots.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      You are always welcome to post more hands. And I am pretty sure we will find even more leaks from you which could easily get you bigger winrate when we fix those. Don't see you really posting a lot hands. :D Good luck on the tables anyways!
    • JohnTheGreatest
      JohnTheGreatest
      Silver
      Originally posted by veriz
      You are always welcome to post more hands. And I am pretty sure we will find even more leaks from you which could easily get you bigger winrate when we fix those. Don't see you really posting a lot hands. :D Good luck on the tables anyways!
      OK, veriz! :D agree, let's see it,

just atm I'm learning poker from Easy Game and The Poker Blueprint and very love these books and often have found my leaks by finding my interestig spots in them, but any time I have a hand I wanna hear more opinions, I wanna post it here. Yeah, I have more leaks than just this, I just found them by reviewing my game and re-reading topics on these books. However, you might see me posting more often abt NL5 than NL2, cause I find myself just crushing them (NL2) and am pretty confident, at NL5 I must play a bit tighter and more smarter than NL2.

f.e. this is hand from my blog, which I played against a tilted regular. Bad/Good call with my reads?

Took some shots to NL5 again today. Tilted some 15-tabling reg who started 3bet and 4bet very light, so this hand was pretty..........pffffff....crazy! , but I based my decision on fact that he 3bet and 4bet every Ax, and every suited Kx from SB, BB and BTN, started to open pots very aggro and light as well and did 2 bluff shoves (massive overbets all in) on river with just A high against another 16-tabling reg.

Pheeew... ! :s_ugly: :s_smile:

Poker Stars $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 1162889
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

SB: $14.91
      Hero (BB): $11.41
      UTG: $2.13
      CO: $13.24
      BTN: $35.85

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is BB with J :club: J :heart:
      1 fold, CO raises to $0.20, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.15

Flop: ($0.42) T :heart: 4 :heart: 8 :club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.32, Hero calls $0.32

Turn: ($1.06) Q :club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $1, Hero calls $1

River: ($3.06) 3 :club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $11.72 all in, Hero calls $9.89 all in

Final Pot: $22.84
      Hero shows J :club: J :heart: (a pair of Jacks)
      CO shows 5 :club: A :heart: (high card Ace)
      Hero wins $21.71
      (Rake: $1.13)