NL5_guess time to make good fold

• JohnTheGreatest
      JohnTheGreatest
      Silver
      Villain: VPIP/PFR/AF 21/14/4. 268 hands, pretty quiet guy who plays only easy/safe hands/boards, imo.

This should be good fold imo after he re-raises me on this flop.

His range: includes every pp from 22+ to JJ (other higher pockets he would just 3bet preflop), AJs, AQs, AKs and 78s+ as well (in this case hearts imo), cause with off suited hands it just doesn't make sense for him to stay in this hand.

and all the midpairs, like 77 to TT they often tend to just call down to the showdown unless there comes some picture card.

Whats your opinion on this hand? Imo, easy fold after he re-raises the flop, cause I didn't see this guy to re-raise flops at all be4 this hand.

TY, miljon.

Poker Stars $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 1163604
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

SB: $7.32
      BB: $12.50
      UTG: $12.31
      Hero (CO): $5.76
      BTN: $3.74

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is CO with J :heart: J :diamond:
      1 fold, Hero raises to $0.16, 1 fold, SB calls $0.14, 1 fold

Flop: ($0.37) 2 :spade: 4 :heart: 6 :heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.26, SB raises to $1.20, Hero raises to $5.60 all in, SB calls $4.40

Turn: ($11.57) K :club: (2 players - 1 is all in)

River: ($11.57) Q :spade: (2 players - 1 is all in)

Final Pot: $11.57

(Rake: $0.57)
  • 3 replies
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      I think you should flat call his raise on the flop. Hands that are raising on that flop would be 22, 44, 66, 53s if he would play and then 77-JJ. He would probably raise an overpair here as you're O/R from a stealing position and could be sitting with any old Ax hand. Although it is NL5 so who knows what he's got :p. So yeah, i'd call his raise on the flop and re-evaluate on the turn. If he bets big for value on the turn you can usually find a fold.
    • JohnTheGreatest
      JohnTheGreatest
      Silver
      Originally posted by Wriggers
      I think you should flat call his raise on the flop. Hands that are raising on that flop would be 22, 44, 66, 53s if he would play and then 77-JJ. He would probably raise an overpair here as you're O/R from a stealing position and could be sitting with any old Ax hand. Although it is NL5 so who knows what he's got :p. So yeah, i'd call his raise on the flop and re-evaluate on the turn. If he bets big for value on the turn you can usually find a fold.
      Thanks, wriggers, good explanation. Yeah, he raised 22 here.

And what's O/R ?( over rated!? or what? haven't seen this one.
    • yougotfelted51
      yougotfelted51
      Bronze
      O/R is open raising