Push or Fold Question

• brooksjohn
      brooksjohn
      Bronze
      Hi,

I have a question about the push or fold charts in the SNG Strategy section here - http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/sng/787/1/

It states that you and all those behind you must have stacks lower than that specified for each hand.

My interpretation is that if the player(s) to your left have more than the number of blind specified (e.g. they are the largest stack) you will never be able to push any hands so will simply blinded away unless you hit a premium hand.

I am interested to hear other opinions and/or suggestions for strategy in this situation.

Regards,
  • 2 replies
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hi brooksjohn,

I think you misunderstood this part:

You always use this chart when everyone has folded so far and your chip stack, or the chip stacks of all the opponents after you, are 13 big blinds or smaller.

So either you have less than 13 big blinds OR all the opponents after you haven't more than 13 big blinds.

So if you have 11 bbs and one after you has 15 then you still will play push or fold according to this chart.

If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Best regards,
      Hannes
    • KingKarlito
      KingKarlito
      Global
      Thats one thing I disagree with, where it comes to the hand charts also try and take into account your oponents play, they suggest folding some hands that I would never fold to certain players for example one with a high vpip that will have a wide range, or maybe a player that you know will fold to a c bet alot of the time

the hand charts are a great starting point but dont get stuck to playing them exactly like that all the time