Step Up

• stantos
      stantos
      Bronze
      Hi Guys

I stepped up this evening to 10/25 with a BR of $216 (i held back as I wanted to be sure of the funds)

Just finshed a 2 hour session $16 down which is my biggest session loss to date by $16. Playing sss in exactly the same way i got sucked out on numerous times. I had kk beaten by runner runner 3 times, Top pair top kicker called after pushing, with a 3/4/5/ kicker 4 times only for them hit their kicker on the river.

I think above guys I need some reassurance. This is my first hit so to speak, even though it's only $16 it seems a lot to me as I've not hit such a bad run yet.

I'm sure this is normal, but I don't wanna destroy a few months of good work. Surley the run can't continue to a point where I need to drop back down, can it?

Some good news i'm only 160 pp away from the bonus, I hope I still have a roll left by the time I hit it.

Right, shower, shave, cuppa then back to the tables...... I feel relaxed still so no danger of tilt just yet :) and i'm off tommorrow, happy days!!!
  • 9 replies
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Bronze
      If youve been outdrawn youre still doing good. I'm in a 550$ downswing right now, so I don't think you need to worry yet. Just keep playing according the rules, and go get them!

GL
    • stantos
      stantos
      Bronze
      hey thanks for that, what stakes are you playing? It's just so frustrating but then I think... well in the long run I'm gonna win but as I'm sure your aware that doesn't help at the time lol

I just can't work these guys out sometimes, I had another where I raised pre flop with AKs

flop 5d 9c 3h

I continuation bet

He flat calls

turn ks

I push, as per sss

He calls

River 3d

He shows 2s 3c and takes it with trip 3's..... then gives me fish this fish that lol

How can these people think they're winning?????
    • mikeymoo
      mikeymoo
      Bronze
      Sometimes people realise you continuation bet 100% if you're the preflop raiser. Thus, they call with most ANYTHING.

Yes it's frustrating.
    • stantos
      stantos
      Bronze
      so in some situations like that would you say sometimes just check raise the flop if the board looked safe and you were sure you were ahead??

so in the hand in question, check on the flop AND then bet strong when I hit my king. This way it really does look like I have a king.

Sorry if I sound silly I'm still learning
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      Originally posted by stantos
      so in some situations like that would you say sometimes just check raise the flop if the board looked safe and you were sure you were ahead??

so in the hand in question, check on the flop AND then bet strong when I hit my king. This way it really does look like I have a king.

Sorry if I sound silly I'm still learning
      I would answer ''no'' to both questions. Slowplaying your hands is bad idea on this limit, since players are loose and will pay off anyway. You will likely miss value by checking.

Skiping cbet is also bad idea, since again you will loose in the long run. If you turn card misses you, opponent will often push you out with any two cards.

And try to make yourself comfortable with those downswings, because what you have experienced is far away from beeing the worst of it :)
    • stantos
      stantos
      Bronze
      hi, thanks. All washed up now and feeling a lot calmer. My aim is get to high stakes, i'm sure one day i'll be like "remember when you were going mad over $16 lol"

cheers guys. there's a real sense of comunitity here. thanks again
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      My aim is get to high stakes, i'm sure one day i'll be like "remember when you were going mad over $16 lol"
      As I am continiously repeating - post your hands) It will cut the path to your goal at least twice)
    • stantos
      stantos
      Bronze
      how do i do this??? thanks
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      how do i do this??? thanks
      How to post a sample hand
      Posting guidelines

if you have any questions, feel free to ask

also you can read this article http://www.pokerstrategy.com/news/content/How-to-find-your-leaks_01880