[NL2-NL10] NL5 KK (noob play) + a little report :))

• KillerFishes
      KillerFishes
      Bronze
      Hi Veriz,

I am here again and gonna spam it here with my hands ^^... I've finally move to NL5, I wanted make it pretty safe so I moved with more than 50buyins ... (I started with 80$ in Jan2011 and now I am ~400$:) ) ... So it's pretty good hotrun, but I've noticed that long session mutlitabling 24 tables really beats variance easily and the skill comes out (even if I am really lame it's enough :D )..

About this game ... Now as I am thinking I should have folded. I just didn't expect him having 2 pairs :) And I was pretty sure that he would go broke with 55+ and maybe AKs/AQs against this range I am bout 57% so even if I take the rake in game, it's still easy broke for me.
      But as I said I really didn't even THINK about the straight and twopairs :) I really didn't ... And now I think it was pretty obvious that he's really strong, because even his callpreflop - he wanted to make the first limper call it for better implied odds ...

With AK/QQ+ I think he's gonna 3bet isn't he? So raise/fold the flop? I still have fellings that he would be able to just reraise the flop with FD/openended flushdraw as he knows I miss this flop a lot and fold against agression...
      Raise/fold looks like the best option for me now, as I should expect calling even worse hands because we are both very deep and on such boards maybe even check/fold isn't wrong against two opponents if I mention that the first guy just limped? (small PP, suited connectors?) and then just coldcalled ...

I'm looking forward to your view + today coaching :) I hope I'll make it, because you helped me really a lot and for sure I am gonna mention you in my interview for the biggest sites as I'll be famous 24 tabling grinder :) )

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)

Known players:
      MP1:
      $4.94
      MP2:
      $6.90
      MP3 (Hero):
      $6.29
      CO:
      $1.61
      BU:
      $12.50
      SB:
      $8.87
      BB:
      $5.00

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K, K.
      MP1 calls $0.05, MP2 folds, Hero raises to $0.25, CO folds, BU calls $0.25, 2 folds, MP1 calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.82) 5, 4, 6 (3 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero bets $0.62, BU raises to $1.75, MP1 folds, Hero raises to $6.04, BU calls $4.29.

Turn: ($12.9) 3 (2 players)

River: ($12.9) Q (2 players)

Final Pot: $12.9.

Results follow:

BU shows two pairs, fives and fours(5s 4s).
      Hero shows a pair of kings(Ks Kh).

BU wins with two pairs, fives and fours(5s 4s).
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello KillerFishes ,

First of all, thanks for the words. :D I am happy for you to be doing that great. And it's totally fine have nittier BRM for the reason that you are 24 tabling. And yes, he would likely 3bet there with those hands like AK, QQ+.

About the hand, Raise/Fold doesn't make really sense, unless what you wanted to say was Bet/Fold. More often I am just happy to fold it here unless I have good reads. When he decides to raise there, he will most of the time have a pretty strong hand and also his raise is kinda big which often times indicates to a strong hand. Therefore I'd just Bet/Fold, even if sometimes we are ahead, in long we are saving a lot money.

Hopefully we will see all those hands what you promised. :D And good luck on the tables!

Best regards.