This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

$$ Past -> Present -> Future $$ becoming Poker Grinder

• KillerFishes
      KillerFishes
      Bronze
      Hi guys!

I am David, 18 years guy from Czech republic. I am playing poker for 2-3 years at first I've played just with friends you know, home games :) ...

I've decided that I am gonna take it seriously on pokerstars - because I really liked VPP program (I know in Silver/Gold it sucks but still)...
      I was playing like 3/4 of the year only freerolls and I was studying the poker (videos, blogs, articles just not TV because it's not poker for me :) ) ...
      I've made like 400$ in freerolls and microstakes cashgame (very lucky I have to say) ... It was almost half a year back and I really didn't want to invest it in poker so I bought a lot of cool stuff and my 400$ just vanished like my girlfriend :) )

After that I had pause I thought it was just a big luck but even if I wasn't playing at all I was still studying and reading forums...
      4.1.2011 I made my first deposit on PS! I started by playing NL2, I gotta say I have been playing DotA + pure Wacraft 3FT since I was 12 or 13 and who knows that game it requiers a bit of micro(as many actions per sek. possible) ... :) And we played it kind of profesionally 4hours per usually (trainings, tournaments, sponsoring... not just public :) )

So there is where I gained quick fingers and kind of gamer thinking I think... :) I played it for almost 7 years and I was moving in several clans until I had to leave the last one - gf > dota :D
      I was looking for something next because I am kind of competitor I like getting good at something and working hard = Poker... Then started my "freeroll carrer"

Back to present or at least not so old past .. :) split up with my gf -> poker =100% .... I started NL2 I am using HEM/Tableninja and I started playing like 10 tables it was quite easy -> 16 tables still not enough and in the first day of playing I went to 24 tables :)
      Reason why I am playing so many tables is that I want to clear the first deposit bonus on PS and I am doing pretty good (130$/600$ already)...

I went from 80$-> 250$ and I started playing on NL5 (2.2 first full NL5 session) ... At these days I am ~400$!

Also about in half of my way to the NL5 I made just great thing - I binded keyboard on my gamepad and I am playing poker with my gamepad! That rock guys! :) )

My future plans are simple - I know I am having hot run now :) Still I had really pretty bad starting in NL2 (80k hands only 1.5bb/100) it's kind of because I was getting used to + I was really a lot of worse than I am now (but I want still to improve ofc) ... NL5 (25k hands 5bb/100 - better start, hot run I know it will go down in these or next week but even 3bb/100 will be great for me) if I count I am 24 tabling!...

I want to become supernova next year (and if I will stay in hotrun like for more 5 months I think it's possible to make it even this year but I am not so optimistic)..

I want to become really a big grinder (something like nanonoko!) .. I spend really a lot of time by playing poker and more by studying it! I am working hard on myself and I think it works. ofc NL2/NL5/NL10 will be pretty easy though ... I am more afraid of NL25/NL50...

My plan is to play at least! 100k hands in NL5 and move to NL10 with more like 600$. There play more like 200k hands and really be sure there and then start to mix like 20NL10/4NL25 and so on :) As I will play all 24 tables NL25 I am going to reach supernova and play there a looot of hands :) I think I will stay there until next year for sure because NL50 will be really HUGE gap I guess :) Especially for me playing 24 tables ...

Ye so that's it I think :) I really don't suppose that there's ANYONE who read it all, I am writing it more for myself to be motivated:) But if there is someone thank you for reading my blog, I am gonna edit now more info about my sessions/ games maybe some interesting hands, which I usually post in hand ev. :)

Thanks you for your time!

KillerFishes
      (ThrustMe)
  • 2 replies