[NL2-NL10] NL5 55 coldcalled resteal >20

• KillerFishes
      KillerFishes
      Bronze
      I was curious about this one! ...
      VPP,PFR,3bet,Rsteal,hands,FTS
      13/6/2/2/4,3K/91

I raised just 3BB because I think it's guite better because if you get 3bet like this it's still close to cold call in some pots and you are getting better odds usually if I would raise .20 here he would make it at least .60 and it's kind of crap I think. (wrong thoughts? or is it ok?)
      Still against this guy 13/6 I can expect same effect of .15 as .20 :)

So why did I call? I think that he has really big hand and I can easily stack him if I hit set, also because there is still maybe 10% he is doing it with margial hand and we can check it to the river. My pot odds are about 35%, so even if I should have folded as the Starting hand chart says I called here.(+ I was in position)..

Flop: He raised and I was like 80% sure he has the ace, I was just afraid of AA :) ) ...I raised him quite strong as I wanted to protect from flushdraws(even though I don't expect FD very often as I think he has the ace)... Also by the reraise I just commited myself in the pot and was ready to go allin on turn even if flush comes... He did it easier for me because he reraised me again :) so easy call .. (but I was like omg, omg ... he would show AA :D )

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      CO:
      $3.99
      BU (Hero):
      $7.29
      SB:
      $2.05
      BB:
      $12.55
      UTG2:
      $5.07
      MP1:
      $5.95
      MP2:
      $6.00
      MP3:
      $5.89

Preflop: Hero is BU with 5, 5.
      5 folds, Hero raises to $0.15, SB folds, BB raises to $0.50, Hero calls $0.35.

Flop: ($1.02) A, 5, 3 (2 players)
      BB bets $0.70, Hero raises to $2.60, BB raises to $8.77, Hero calls $4.19.

Turn: ($16.58) 6 (2 players)

River: ($16.58) J (2 players)

Final Pot: $16.58.

Results follow:

Hero shows a flush, ace high(5h 5d).
      BB shows two pairs, aces and jacks(As Jc).

Hero wins with a flush, ace high(5h 5d).
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello KillerFishes,

Preflop: Yeah, I often times from BU also use such a raise size. So I don't mind at all. And when he raises us we are getting pretty good odds for set mining ~21:1 so I don't mind at all.
      Postflop: And I am definitely raising it here and going broke as you did. Nice hand!

Best regards.