BU (fish) 15.31

Preflop

UTG fold, Hero OR to 3.5 BB, CO call, BU, SB, BB fold

Flop (1.7 $) 4s Kd Qd

Hero bet 7 BB, CO call

Turn (4.5 $) 4s Kd Qd 9d

Hero bet 15 BB, CO call

River (10.5 $) 4s Kd Qd 9d 5s

Hero check, CO shove All in, Hero call ...

CO show Jd 7d

Preflop standard open raise, i got caller from CO he seems as a good regular i have small sample size (after 145 hands 20/11/2/19 - VPIP/PFR/AF/WTSD)so no good reads and while playing i didn't exploit him so much so no usefull info on him. Flop c-bet prety strong, turn very ugly card for me it complets everything streights, flush, ... but i buy in short (half stack size) so i think i was commited ... what is your opinion?
  • 6 replies
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      When he shoves the river you're obviously beat. When he shoves it seems like he's desperate to get as much value as possible and just shoves. The absolute worst you're up against in this hand is KJ, and it's doubtfull KJ would call 2 barrels and then shove the river when he has the option to check behind and get a cheap(ish) showdown. The worst that's shoving this imo is KQ, and that's doubtful, much more likely to be stronger, and almost always has a straight or flush here.
    • Bierbaer
      Bierbaer
      Bronze
      Either c/f river if you think you're beat too often, or shove it in for value yourself.

He is almost never bluffing in this spot, so a c/c allows him to check back all worse hands and valuebet flushes.
    • Steelbrewer
      Steelbrewer
      Bronze
      If you plan to call his river shove you may sohve yourself first as well. Though I don't think he would fold a 2nd nut flush anyway.
    • adamxavier1
      adamxavier1
      Bronze
      Am I wrong for thinking in this spot villian is holding a set of 4s?
    • JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      Originally posted by adamxavier1
      Am I wrong for thinking in this spot villian is holding a set of 4s?
      what is your thought process?=)
    • sapheal
      sapheal
      Global
      Rakijan :s_love: ,

Nice that You decided to write about Your hand. Our task is to help you become a great poker player. And, yes!, it's a very interesting hand indeed ;-)

I'm also recommending using hand evaluations forums in the same forum section. You could also learn how to use our hand converter before posting a hand in hand evaluations forum.

Even though your Top Pair Top Kicker is good on most of the flops, the flop is not a good one for you. You basically beat KJ/QJ only. On the turn when the worst possible card appeared on the deck, you could potentially bet again to extract value from weaker hands and potentially try to make stronger hands fold. The second one is impossible on this board, therefore you basically either bet for value or check. As there are not many hands that you beat you should check. When you check, you might either call villain's bet or fold. I would recommend folding this hand as villain's betting range includes mostly value hands that also bet river.

Cheers,
      Michal