PS multiple account question

• OZSA
      OZSA
      Bronze
      Hey, I want to play on PS and I dont when but I made a PS user like a year ago or more and I entered my address details/etc there (dunno why..) and its not registred thru pokerstrategy. I asked if it can be retracked but they dont allow me. I never used the user at all, no deposits ever made. What if I make another user on my name and I depo/start playing there, whats gonna happen ? I wonder about this because I remember a while ago, I saw somebody here with multiple stars accounts and stars asked him to use only one, the other they will suspend/block...i just dont who was this guy. Any experience about this guys ? The new user will have the same address and name ofc..
  • 13 replies
    • ACi0coiu
      ACi0coiu
      Bronze
      You should send them an e-mail and ask to close that account. Say that you don't like that username or something like that. They sould close without problems.
      It worked for me.
      But first explain the situation to them and according to what they say, decide if you'll create a new account.
    • OZSA
      OZSA
      Bronze
      What ? you told them u dont like ur username and they closed it and u remade a new one without any problem ? They dont care if I want strategy points so for them its same shit if Im tracked or not via PS. tell me what exactly you told them that u dont like about ur username.
    • loop1985
      loop1985
      Bronze
      Did it work to recreate a PS Acc?
    • RemiRem
      RemiRem
      Bronze
      if you havent made a deposit yet, there should be no problem changing user info in old acc and creating new one. ofcourse its against their terms and contidions. i've done it with full tilt some time ago (i didnt say that :) ). IMO pokerstars is more interesed for getting active user than some unusable account.
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      We would strongly advise against setting up any additional accounts at any poker room. It is strictly against their Terms & Conditions and can lead to severe penalties including a life time ban and confiscation of funds.

We do actually have active members of this forum who are banned from certain platforms and they very much regret it and would be the first to urge you not to break the rules.

This said, if you only held a playmoney account, you can check with the respective poker rooms own support team and see if they will allow you to track to PokerStrategy.
      It is entirely down to their discretion and their decision will be final and binding.

If you have inadvertly set up a 2nd account, please contact the platforms support team for assistance. They will always look to accomodate genuine mistakes, but they will close the new account and you will remain untracked.

Hope this helps to clarify the situation.

Best regards,

Bart
    • fembot26
      fembot26
      Bronze
      EagleStar88, could you perhaps explain why the poker rooms have this kind of policy? It doesn't seem to make much sense: most players with multiple accounts have probably never cheated or sought to cheat in any way, but presumably forgot the details of older accounts, or entered false personal details initially as they were accustomed to entering a false name on Websites (completely understandable, in my opinion), or weren't serious about poker at that time, didn't know about the benefits of signing up through affiliates, and didn't realise the lasting consequences of casually signing up for an account without first doing some research into their options.

And surely it is better for everyone that a poker room accommodates the wishes of a player who would not be prepared to play at that site without being tracked to an affiliate, rather than lose that player's custom forever?

This kind of policy seems too heavy-handed, like levelling a city to punish its few criminals.
    • OZSA
      OZSA
      Bronze
      OK I explained them I never played on that stars account but its is real money account sadly...I just made it to watch PS public coachings, guess I gonna need to play with someone's else name, this complicates alot the deposit and the withdraw...sigh..but i cant do anything else, it is really foolish from stars but what can I do..the plan was to move to stars at mid february but like this I think I gonna stay at FT till march..
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by OZSA
      OK I explained them I never played on that stars account but its is real money account sadly...I just made it to watch PS public coachings, guess I gonna need to play with someone's else name, this complicates alot the deposit and the withdraw...sigh..but i cant do anything else, it is really foolish from stars but what can I do..the plan was to move to stars at mid february but like this I think I gonna stay at FT till march..
      OZSA,

There is no getting around the terms & conditions.

If you play using a false name, you are opening up a can of worms and all kinds of problems for yourself.
      PokerStars, in line with other poker rooms use sophisticated software to identify multiple accounts, not just name & address etc.

I sympathise with your predicament, afterall we all have non-tracked accounts on some platforms, but there is no legitimate way of getting around it.

If I had a $ for everytime I had warned members of the consequences only to then see them devasted at being banned from ever taking part on the software again, I would be a very rich man.

You currently have access to the biggest online platform which has many great tournaments, events & promotions. Don't throw it all away.

I can't do any more, I've tried to help, whether you choose to listen is of course up to you.

Best regards,

Bart
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      @fembot26 : I've already posted a indepth explanation on this recently, will try to find it for you rather than typing it out again or of course you can use the forum search function.

In a word it is to do with income. PokerStars paid out a lot on advertising and attracted you to its product. If they were to now retrack you, they would have to give up some of the income they receive from you to a 3rd party who had nothing to do with your recruitment.

My longer explanation was a lot clearer and I'll try to find it for you.

Best regards,

Bart
    • fembot26
      fembot26
      Bronze
      Thanks for that, EagleStar - you've clarified the issue for me. The longer explanation would also be much appreciated if you have time to dig it up.
    • variancekiller
      variancekiller
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EagleStar88
      @fembot26 : I've already posted a indepth explanation on this recently, will try to find it for you rather than typing it out again or of course you can use the forum search function.

In a word it is to do with income. PokerStars paid out a lot on advertising and attracted you to its product. If they were to now retrack you, they would have to give up some of the income they receive from you to a 3rd party who had nothing to do with your recruitment.

My longer explanation was a lot clearer and I'll try to find it for you.

Best regards,

Bart
      also you most likely have signed up using a advertisement on some kind of website. The website where you clicked on the link will get your rakeback. So they would mis the income of your rakeback if you get retracked. If this is the case they will recieve all the rakeback including what some rakeback sites give back to you. for FTP that means they will get about 35% (normally you will get 27% so they would make a 8% from your net rake)
    • Fagin
      Fagin
      Bronze
      I had a play money acc on stars that I used about 6 years ago and then ignored for 5 years. A friend had an acc there and suggested I try them so it cost them nothing to get me there.

About one and a half years ago a site I played on a lot was shut down at short notice, and they automatically transferred my remaining funds to stars (thereby creating a real money acc from my play money acc) without my permission. I have been told I cannot get this account retracked to PS even though it has never been tracked to any affiliate.

I think it is just a policy of theirs not to retrack any accounts.
    • matusko
      matusko
      Coach
      Coach
      yeah i had/have the same problem, it really sucks that my stars acc cant be retracked, after I clear my 1st deposit bonus im forced to leave the site bc I cant retrack it:(