Crushing the laziness... no foking excuses!

• KillerFishes
      KillerFishes
      Bronze
      Hello guys!

(Trash about me, feel free to skip it. It can be quite annoying ^^)

My name is David, I’m 18 years old and I come from Czech Republic. I’m attending Gymnazium – school which prepares you to study at the universities and actually the best schools in here (that means it’s pretty hard) …
      I have been playing on PS since 3. Januar 2011 at first I’ve made first deposit about 85$. My hot/downswings and improvement you can read below (I hope it will get just better and better). I have some experiences with programing – WC3 Dota, we had quite a good team in Czech Republic unfortunately it went wrong between some members so we had to quit it, but ye I think that’s why I moved to poker and where I’ve learned a lot about quickly decisions, using some binds etc. (which actually helps me now when I play 24 tabling).
      My goals are simple I want to improve day by day, I want to end up about NL100 as winning player (2bb/100 would be pretty good actually) and I want to become on of the rakeback grinders. I am very curious how it will go during the year. I’m really not sure if I will make it but I will do my best!
      Don’t think that I’m kind of nerd (no offense guys ^^), I’m doing sport karate „professionaly“ and yes I don’t want to boast but I won some serious competitions like World Championship in Rimini 2011 and since 2005 I have been „on the box“ (1.-3. place) every year…
      I love challenges and overcoming myself in everything, when anyone says to me „You can’t do that! You will fail“ I just do it, because I want to show myself I can do that! I will never stop in improving until I will be the best and then I will improve even more because I would must to be better than me yesterday!

My poker beginning - Freeroll grinder :) :
      (again trash about me, feel free to skip)

Well, I have to say that I've never made a deposit on any poker site as I am a student I really couldn't spent more than my time to the poker.
      So I started playing freerolls on a lot of sites, actually I was able to play 10-15 tournaments per day. I was studyin poker in the same time. I had very special moneymanagment. As I said I was playing only freerolls - when I ended in money and I had enough for withdraw I did it. However, usually I hadn't just enough to do so => I was playing microstakes and tried to make withdraw minimum. When I've decided I will invest 10% of these money in poker again - in live tournaments in our city, because I was sure it will be full of fishes.
      During last holidays I think it was at the end of July I ended 2. in paradise Welcome freeroll (~130€) I was like what the fuck?! I've bought a new chair because I had that common one and it just sucked... So new chair and 15$ left so I went to our tournament ... and ye I've won )) ~200$ ye that's it I spend these money with my girlfriend (well ex actually, what a bitch!:D ) and the rest I spend in next tournaments but actually didn't end in money even on one of them ...
      I was still playing freerolls and I've made my third actually bigger result - Bwin freeroll 500$ I ended 2. and took about 90$ these money I saved in bank account and a part of them spend on parties etc... ^^

However, I was really bored of freerolls ( I've been playing them since holidays - Juli to about New Year!) so almost half year only playing freerolls hehe :) But I really wanted to just build my own bankroll and didn't want to deposit my money. As I actually spend a lot of money on other things I wanted to play poker more seriously because I've had some experiences already with microstakes.

I've decided I will start with 85$ (I hadn't more from freerolls I just drink too much I guess :D ) ... Well and I started 3. Januar 2011 and that's the story you already know... :)

So actually I have never used my money in poker. I was always playing with money by other people... :) )
      That's why I called my blog - From Zero to Hero :s_biggrin:

What really helps me and actually can help you to handle 24 tabling profitably:
      * Using HEM, TN, gamepad instead keyboard / mouse
      * Sports
      * Analyzing HH, posting hands (and read all other hands posted)
      * The feeling I want to be better every day, every sesion, every hand.
      * Experiences in progaming so I'm used to spend 6+hours before computer.
      Somebody just can't do that.

My goals:

Work hard, build bankroll and play BIG MTTs tournaments, hit changing money get a chick and enjoy all the rest of my life in peace on Hawai :D

Thanky you for reading and motivating me by your comments I hope I won't disapoint you and especially myself :)

My tips for multitabling in general
      (actually I'm using them whenever I play 15 or 24 tables) .. :)

I will write them by degrees:

1. Before session spend 5-10 mins(even more is ok) by meditation - visualization (set your goals, forget about daily problems, concentrate on your performance, imagine you sitting in the tables and doing the best possible moves you can, you aren't playing your C, B or A- game, you are playing your best and it feels great!)
      2. Set your programs (TN, HM whatever you use) ...
      3. Join tables free tables and w8 (improve your HU game first a little), I don't recomend you to join waitlists, I hope you know why :)
      4. Play your game! During your game focus ONLY on your game nothing more. I don't recomend listening music too ... Actually I've listened it for very long time until I've realized I'm singing the songs or just thinking about text it means less of my brain activity is used for poker! > decrease winrate!
      5. Take breaks every 45 minutes! Your brain can work for 45 mins in "full mode" only! All time played then is with less concentration! (That's why usually class has 45 mins! Think about it and get bigger winrate!
      Use "sit out next big blind" - hotkey with TN and get a 3-5 mins break ... Do some pushups or w/e (don't sit the break it's the worst thing you can do)
      6. Every 90 mins take bigger break, 10-15mins + use meditation/visualization again, think about your session what have you done, interesting hands your feelings.
      Whenever you feel tired, annoyed or w/e leave tables! This kind of exercises can help you realize when and why you are on tilt ;)
      7. When your sesion is in the end always use "sit out next big blind" Never just close all the tables.
      8. Analyze your game, write notes to your opponents and mark them (actually you won't be able to do so in game, as you are playing so many tables) on microsites the most important thing is range, which he goes allin on flop / preflop (means you will win most money).
      If you are checking your biggest losses and you see you went allin with AA on T3K board and your opponent had QT write it down! It will help you very much in the future :)
      9. Enjoy playing, it must be fun afterall! Isn't it great feeling when you have opened so many tables and you just feel like "give me more, I want to pwn you naps!" :s_biggrin:

Something more:

Do you have a smaller monitor so you can't play let's say 9 tables without overlaping? (so it's quite chaotic)..

Just try to open your tables as you do usually and open your internet browser.

Hide your tables behind it - whenever the table will require a action it will come up, when it's done you just click on the browser again and all tables will hide (it means you can focus only on tables action requiring - it will help you a lot!) you won't just chaoticly move with your mouse over all tables :)

Aren't you sure about equity and this stuff?

Download Pokerstove and ... Before session use some standart situations as TPTK+FD vs range with TPworse + twopairs+sets then minimalize it with rider - it will become really, really small (You can easily use 10 different situations at once opening 10× pokerstove) in one time! it will help you a lot if you don't have these numbers or awareness in your head already!)
      You will just check it and see if your move is correct :) You won't feel desprite so often when your opp reraise - shove you on flop :)

Feel free to ask! I hope it helped you ! :)
  • 185 replies
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      Hey, looking good and good luck :)

One tip i would give you is don't feel the need to play a huge amount of hands at NL5. As soon as you have the Bankroll for the next level (As long as you're comfortable with it) move up. Especially at the micros, there is no need to play NL5 for 100k hands if you're crushing it over 30k hands, just move up to where your bankroll takes you!
    • KillerFishes
      KillerFishes
      Bronze
      How can I be sure it's not just really a big hotrun? And I am actually a loosing player? I can make that 100k in 20 days without problem :) So I will take the delay easily because I think 100k is a really good sample and even in NL5 I can learn a lot... (board reading, some new strategies, reading people´s stats faster and make a decision based on it and so on!...) It all will help me ... I am really patient guy and I've learned something in karate and all things I become somehow good, the more time you spend for basisc the easier it's then! ... :)

Ofc these games aren't so hard and sometimes it's stupid :) But it doesn't matter I can learn nothing... But thanks for your point! I am sure you are right, I just don't really want to skip that... :)
    • arisko
      arisko
      Bronze
      I see you made a blog out of it like I requested :) Even though my playing style is the total opposite of yours (4-tabling SH) I find your approach to the game interesting. Don't even doubt that you are a winning player. If u played 50k hands and are on + you are almost definately a winning player.

Now, I'm very curious what you do to improve except the regular trial and error while playing? And I wonder how much time you spare to study/evaluate your game?

Best of luck!
    • achschelo
      achschelo
      Bronze
      Nice, I'll be following this blog too :)
      Don't forget to record that video somewhere along the way ;)
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      Yeah i'm sure you are a winning player at NL5, and you can tell if you are after as little as 20k hands. But hey, don't listen to me, and definately don't move up until you feel totally comfortable. It's different for everyone I guess, I move up from NL5 after 20k hands, but obviously if you want to prove that you can comfortably beat the game whilst getting some practise in then you should play there for as long as you need to :)
    • KillerFishes
      KillerFishes
      Bronze
      Thanks all for response I really appreciate it!
      Wriggers - kk :) So it looks like I am a winning player but even though I will stay in NL5 for at least 100K hands :) I want to get some experience and I even need to improve my multitabling skills :) However, I feel quite comfortable really :)

Achschelo:

Thank you! Yes as soon as I get new mic I will do one, actually not a session because I don't think you can learn something from me :D I will just give some tips about multitabling :)

Arisko:

Yes, I did. It was a great idea really, thx one more time :)
      I appreciate your words! It's really good feeling :)

About my poker learning/playing habbits (if I even have made some after this short time of playing ^^)

I will try to put on my schedule which I use very often (but not everyday ofc :) )
      at 6 get up 6:30 sit at my computer HEM/video/articles whatever until 7:30 (school) ...
      I am usually back in 14:30 I got my 2 hours training of karate (at home or in my club it depends ..)
      16:30 -> xxxx School, it depends on how much things I gotta do (usually 2-3 hours)... I am attending one of the most stupid schools :( It's called Gymnazium and it prepares you to study universites and just the most wanted schools so it's kind of crap really and you are supposed to work hard:)
      xxxx -> 00:00/01:00 session usually at least 4 hours if I have more time I watch articles/post hands or just go through my handhistory and biggest looses :)

That's it I think.... I hope it helped! :)

Once more thanks all! I am going to update very often :)
    • LetchLord
      LetchLord
      Bronze
      Hey man,

Nice challenge, just wanted to wish you good luck.

I'd appreciate it also if you could go a bit deeper into the below :D

Originally posted by KillerFishes
      What really helps me:
      * Using HEM, TN, gamepad instead keyboard / mouse
      I have a few questions about it - I assume you stack the tables? Do you use any AutoHotkey Scripts? Also, do you use some software to make the gamepad work with TN (I used xpadder sometime ago).

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Regards,
    • KillerFishes
      KillerFishes
      Bronze
      Hi :)

Thank you and no problem :) I hope I will help by adding some extra info ;)

Yes I stack tables 24 tables in one place so I can have opened PS lobby and look for good tables at the same moment, I am usually having opened Pokerstove but I don't have time to use it, just when I am really curious or in trouble hand it's worth to let some tables into afk mode..

I actually use only TableNinja + JoyToKey I don't need more but I won't really recommend to play 16 and more without tableninja :) It just helps a lot!

Ye and that's it I think :) )

Bb and have a nice day I hope I helped :)
    • Heffron89
      Heffron89
      Bronze
      Nice blog, what are your previous experiences on nl10? cuz I think NL10/25 is way different than nl5/2.

I've allso 24 tabled nl5 and 2 with good results but when i tried nl10 its just different game
    • KillerFishes
      KillerFishes
      Bronze
      Thx for comment!

I have no experience actually :) I started playing 1 month ago :) ) But I am working hard ...

I know that the jump from NL5 -> NL10 or NL25 will hurt ... I am not going to do it all of sudden :)
      I will prepare myself pretty well, I am working hard on my equity game - I am trying all situations over and over and trying to make quick decisions vs 80/20 range and 8/8 :) ...
      I want to play more than 80k games in NL5 so I feel pretty good at reading board texture and comparing it to the opponents ranges ..
      This is what I really need in 24 tabling.

I will start playing 20NL5/4NL10 and see what happens :) If it all goes well I will continue 16/8 and so on :)

Once more thx! Have a nice day :)
    • Heffron89
      Heffron89
      Bronze
      Originally posted by KillerFishes
      Thx for comment!

I have no experience actually :) I started playing 1 month ago :) ) But I am working hard ...

I know that the jump from NL5 -> NL10 or NL25 will hurt ... I am not going to do it all of sudden :)
      I will prepare myself pretty well, I am working hard on my equity game - I am trying all situations over and over and trying to make quick decisions vs 80/20 range and 8/8 :) ...
      I want to play more than 80k games in NL5 so I feel pretty good at reading board texture and comparing it to the opponents ranges ..
      This is what I really need in 24 tabling.

I will start playing 20NL5/4NL10 and see what happens :) If it all goes well I will continue 16/8 and so on :)

Once more thx! Have a nice day :)
      Okey nice =) I played like 78k hands in nl2 24 tablign and its pretty nice actually :D

Good luck!
    • KillerFishes
      KillerFishes
      Bronze
      Yep, it is :)

I think it's the best way how to just skip the variance you know :) More hands > less variance > less time for downswings :) )
    • METALzx
      METALzx
      Bronze
      Hey, nice progress so far, I always admired 24tablers.

I tried it for a while but it was mind exhausting for me a lot. Also tried 24tabling sh but that was exhausing for br aswell :f_grin: . Gl in your journey.

also
      graphs ! :)
    • KillerFishes
      KillerFishes
      Bronze
      Hello guys!

Today was not really a good day, but I am still pretty happy because I reached my goal for each day to get goldstar :) (~120vpp/day) :)

* 120 VPP played ( I am now at 1015 and I want to get GS!) :) )
      * 4k hands played today (I had to stop because it went really, really wrong!)
      * I tried to play with full stack 12.5$ and I think it didn't work :) So I will again buy 100bb ... Because I think they just had really good implied odds (other fullstacks) so they could play a little loose ... And I don't want to let them to play so :)

More you will see in this graph:
      [

My biggest looses today better than 1 thousand words :D
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      Oh dear, some horrible coolers in that session for you :( Oh well, i'm sure you'll bounce back tomorrow :D
    • KillerFishes
      KillerFishes
      Bronze
      Hehe ye ... But I think I've made all moves +EV well now I am analyzing ... I just have to work on that TPTK reraised on flop situations I go AI too often there I think :)

I think I will go down like to 330$ in this swing ... Because I had really a huuuge hotrun :) So it should be came just somehow normal :) ...
      Good point for me I am not stressed or smthing :) This is my first really bad sesion so I am glad I take it fine :) )
    • KillerFishes
      KillerFishes
      Bronze
      Hi guys!

New update for 10.2 :) I will upload pictures I think it's the best way how to let you know how I am doing ... And I will always add some comment :)

Today I was sure the "downswing" will continue I just didn't know when it will stop so I was prepared to play really a lot of hands to just defeat the variance :) And eventually I did it!
      It started as I expected so 2× KK to AA, I don't know even how many times set to overset :) On my AA,KK preflop no action etc. etc.... But I was VERY suprised how calm I am :)
      This is/was my first real downswing... And I was just curious how I will react will I tend to tilt/be angry or just don't care and play looser and looser?

Even 1 of these option isn't right! I was just 100% OK, no change maybe I was a little more focused so it's just next +.. I was -20$ and I lost against a lot of fishes who were saved by river, but even though I was really fine! My thoughts were just something like "you will pay me my car anyway ... I don't care when"

This point is really important for me, because other way if I would act angry/tilt tended or whatever I think I won't be able to take poker seriously
      anymore, because "it" will be just here in every downswing or bad session :) And it will just reflect on game in bad sessions as - factor ...

So today:

And stats:

Kings in last two days :D

So I am back ~400$ because I reached today 2 bonuses of 10$ (deposit bonus) which is really nice thing btw ...

I've also made some easy math :)
      If I will make the goldstar for March I will make 2×FPP/1VPP it means I will get about 6000FPP in month...

I am going to save these FPP and after multitabling NL10/25(reaching platinum) I will buy 650$ for 50 000 FPP (I think I will be able to make 2 per year because multitabling NL10/25 will gain even more FPP + Platinum it's very possible for me to make that amount :) )...

Now I am still in deposit bonus I've made 70$/520$ it helps me a lot I have still about 5 months to clear it, so it's easy money I think :) )
      Yep and I just improved my "anti tilt-depressed strategy" I won't turn in money that 750VPP bonuses you get in PS, but I will save them on worse times :) So when I will have like 30$ swing I will use them and it will help me to stay in good mood and play even better poker!

Ye that's it I think ... I will keep in touch with you! Thanks for reading :)

And see ya!
      24tabling <3
    • arisko
      arisko
      Bronze
      Update?
    • KillerFishes
      KillerFishes
      Bronze
      Hi guys!

Sorry for no updating I hadn't so much time but I've played some thousands of hands of course! :) )

I've played 18k hands since 10.2 it wasn't really easy for me though!
      As I supposed the worse times were coming and I was right! Eventually I have -1$ net for these 18k hands (as I count my bonuses) but I am very VERY satisfied!

So I am ~ 410$ now thanks to my bonuses (otherwise I will be about 370$ I guess) ....
      My winrate for NL5 is 4.33bb/100 so far (45k hands), but I expect a little more of decrease as I play 24 tables and I've been really lucky first 30k hands! I will feel very comfortable even just about 3bb/100.
      My winnings in February 120$ so far. (Still bonuses help me really a lot to get through these microstakes!)...

Quick math: (let's take 3bb/100)
      as I think in next 10-20k hands it will reach this point actually and I want to take the more pesimistic way so I can be only happy if it goes better! :) )

So 3bb/100
      200 mins ~ 5000 hands (I play this amount of hands everyday)
      It means 50*3bb(0,15) = 7.5$ per day => 225$ per month :)
      I got ~ 50VPP/1,5 hour so it means I can make more than 100VPP everyday => next 10$ for 2 days + 30 VPP (170VPP = 10$ deposit bonus) so I will get about 150$ + 20$ on bonuses every month! (Still about 450$ free to clear!)
      By the way I know that winrate / hour sucks! But it's only NL5 lol, it's not suppose to make living ... And I am still a student so I actually can't have a job or something so think about you in age of 18, wouldn't you be very happy with 225$ / month? :)

If I will follow this easy math - pesimistic one :) I will move to NL10 in 1. March with ~600$

I am about 1500VPP so I am following my plan and I am going to reach Gold Star playing NL5 which is pretty good actually!

As I've written before I am saving my FPPs for platinum star and 650$ bonus! I am able to reach 3000VPP per a month in NL5 => 4500Fpp now with silverstar...
      It means 6k FPPs with goldstar => 50k FPPs (if I count only NL5 not NL10!!) is about August/September, I think I will make it much faster with playing NL10 - if I will able to be winning player ofc...

And I think I will wait for it and then make a NL25 shot :) (If I will be able to make platinum star on NL10 otherwise I will have to move to NL25 without that bonus and make platinum there even if I will loose some amount of my bankroll...

Let's say I will need 100k hands of NL25 to reach 7000VPP and I will loose like -2bb/100 afterall ...
      It means -500$! uff I didn't expect this much (I didn't prepare this post, I am just doing in during it ...)

Well but I think that it's worth it ... Even with -2bb/100 I will stay in NL25 for one month because I will get 650$ thx that bonus so still +150$ and 100k hands will give me a huge improve I guess...

But still I am following my plan I want to play really a lot of hands on NL10 before moving :) I want to improve my postflop game even preflop - isolation, blind stealing, domitation and so on..

I want to make faster decisions in easy spots and maximasize EV also I want to improve my stats reading and making decisions based on it and board texture as I am playing 24 tables it's not so easy!

However, I am going to make it, I am working hard and the improve of my skill is huge but I want more!!! And I will get that :)

Holidays are coming by the way )) 5 days without school means a lot of time for improving and playing :) On the other hand a lot of actions with friends so I will definitely relax drunk somewhere :D

Thx for reading, I will keep in touch :)

Actually I think that these holidays will be great oppurtunity to make my promised video about multitabling :) I think you will find it very helpful I just need to find any working microphone :D

See ya guys! And don't forget 24 tabling for the win!