[NL2-NL10] BSS NL2 horrible hand

• Scuipici
      Scuipici
      Bronze
      Hello everyone, I'm just ashamed of the way I played this hand.I think I was kinda tilted and should have made the last call.The bet on the turn was made with the intention to buy the pot. Here's the hand:

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP2:
      $2.21
      Hero:
      $2

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:heart: , J:diamond:
      3 folds, MP2 raises to $0.08, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.08, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0.19) A:club: , Q:heart: , 5:diamond: (2 players)
      MP2 bets $0.2, Hero calls $0.20.

Turn: ($0.59) 7:club: (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $0.52, MP2 calls $0.52.

River: ($1.63) 7:spade: (2 players)
      MP2 raises $1.41 (All-In), Hero folds.

Final Pot: $3.04

Oh please, if someone could shed some light on this, I'd be very thankful:)

Thanks in advance
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Scuipici,

First of all, nothing to be ashamed of! That's why the forums are for, we are trying to learn from our mistakes. Those should be ashamed who are that lazy and don't even want to overview their sessions or either post hands. Keep posting hands and try to fix your leaks. :)

Preflop: I'd actually often times rather just fold the hand. Just for the reason when we hit our Ace we will never know where we stand with it. Our J kicker might be not that good.

As played
      Flop: Take an eye that he is over-betting here. Therefore Calling once is an option. But I'd play tricky further streets.
      Turn: As he decides to Check here, I'd rather actually Check behind as well, for the reason if he doesn't have the Ace or anything wrong, he will very likely to fold and if he has for example some weaker pair, he will pay us on river.

As played if turn was Bet
      River: Just fold it, he is doing such a shove often times with a lot stronger hand.

Overall, I'd advice you to post more hands to fix those kind of leaks. Seems that you have a lot of basic leaks and going to showdown too often.

Best regards.