This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

FL (FR) Handchart Question

• Helipacter
      Helipacter
      Bronze
      Hi,

This should be a nice and easy question for our FL experts. As I'm really just interested in the theory.

Using the FL hand chart why is calling from the SB without any pre-flop raises so loose? In my fishy mind, I thought that the positional disadvantage would mean that a range should be tighter for calling than most other positions.

For example, if you're in the SB, you have 1 caller, the chart says you should call with 54s or better. As you're first to act after the flop, I would be worried calling with 54s, 65s or 76s pre-flop.

So can someone elaborate on the theory of the above? I'd be interested to know.

Cheers
  • 2 replies
    • SanMomo
      SanMomo
      Bronze
      Its because you get really good odds, you need to pay 0,5 small bet to a 2,5 or bigger pot (depends how many people limped, the more people the better odds) and usually people who limp are bad. These advantages out-weight the disadvantage of being out of position. If you have any other questions or you didnt understand something (english isnt my first language) feel free to ask.
    • Helipacter
      Helipacter
      Bronze
      Excellent explanation, cheers!