FL (FR) Handchart Question

• Helipacter
      Helipacter
      Bronze
      Hi,

This should be a nice and easy question for our FL experts. As I'm really just interested in the theory.

Using the FL hand chart why is calling from the SB without any pre-flop raises so loose? In my fishy mind, I thought that the positional disadvantage would mean that a range should be tighter for calling than most other positions.

For example, if you're in the SB, you have 1 caller, the chart says you should call with 54s or better. As you're first to act after the flop, I would be worried calling with 54s, 65s or 76s pre-flop.

So can someone elaborate on the theory of the above? I'd be interested to know.

Cheers
  • 2 replies
    • SanMomo
      SanMomo
      Bronze
      Its because you get really good odds, you need to pay 0,5 small bet to a 2,5 or bigger pot (depends how many people limped, the more people the better odds) and usually people who limp are bad. These advantages out-weight the disadvantage of being out of position. If you have any other questions or you didnt understand something (english isnt my first language) feel free to ask.
    • Helipacter
      Helipacter
      Bronze
      Excellent explanation, cheers!