My micro pony(currently NL2 9max)

• AjoPP1
      AjoPP1
      Bronze
      Hi everyone, my name is Adrian, I'm from the Slovak republic and this is my little blog. So basically I've been playing poker for a few months but it's been rather recreational and until now I only focused on CG 6max on FTP where my bankroll sits at approx 60$(my initial deposit was 10$).

I've been inactive on FTP for quite some time now due to school(I have to study really really much) but a few days ago I found out I still had some money left on my PS account(from pokerstrategy's free 50$) so I decided to give 1 dollar turbo DoN's a shot, although I hadn't really played any SNGs before at all. I found out I can easily multitable these(like 8-10 at once) and still make it profitable, so I really want to try to build a proper bankroll in the upcoming weeks and months playing these DoNs(what limit I'll end up playing is open).

I decided to create this blog because I want to share speculative hands, discuss push and fold ranges and bubble play in general (and PS SNGs are down at the moment :f_biggrin: ). So I hope to find fellow DoN grinders here :) but everyone is of welcome to discuss anything and I'll be watching other DoN and SNG players' blogs too.

Currently my bankroll on pokerstars is 54.44 $ but unfortunately I can't provide any graphs yet because the laptop I normally play at is being repaired and I'm afraid the one I'm playing at now would probably melt into goo if I multitabled and had elephant on at the same time (it would easily fit into an IT museum :D ).

So thanks for reading this long post and I look forward to further cooperation :s_biggrin:

and here's the pony :f_biggrin:
  • 41 replies
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Good luck, and don't stay at DoN's too long ;)
    • AjoPP1
      AjoPP1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Bliausmas
      Good luck, and don't stay at DoN's too long ;)
      Thanks, I'll see how it goes, I deffo want to get back to 6max CG at some point. But what I find very tempting at the moment is NL heads-up so the bankroll I build grinding these DoN's will be used for NLHU I think... DoN's don't vastly improve anything in one's game, that's for sure... :]
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      DoNs on stars are going to be stop running sir :(

Effective 15th of February
    • AjoPP1
      AjoPP1
      Bronze
      Thanks for the post Gerv, guess I'll just be grinding the shirt out them till 15th and then maybe try the new format or start playing standard turbo SNG's ( I play turbo's because of the +volume and lower rake). :f_eek:
    • AjoPP1
      AjoPP1
      Bronze
      Hey guys a little update, so since there won't be any more DoN's on PS from tomorrow on I decided to give NL2 FR a shot and I'm really surprised by how soft the games are. I'm up 5 BI today and that includes a -1 BI setup(nutflush vs FH on river). Might be a heater though, I'm probably playing a bit to loose for FR - my guess is somewhere around 20/15, guess I'll have to tighten up.They probably seem so soft because I never really played FR before(6max only). So my new plan is to 4 table these till the end of february and see how it goes and decide what next then. I've also finally set my first long-term goal: reaching 1000$ mark by the end of the year.

One more thing, my laptop should be back home tomorrow so I'll be able to track my progress again and hopefully provide you with some graphs from now on.

I'd also love to figure out how to rename this thread since DoN grinding is now past :f_biggrin: :]
    • AjoPP1
      AjoPP1
      Bronze
      Hey, a little update with a graph from my last 2 sessions, the bankroll is currently 71.42 $.

The graph

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The winrate isn't too bad but what baffles me is the number of hands played. This is FR so it's logically a bit smaller than it would be in 6 max, but this is 4-6 tables 2-3 hours a day. I've been kinda busy with school and gym and can't afford to play more than 3 hours a day. I don't have a mouse because for some odd reason my USB port isn't working, so I can't really add more tables since it's already a bit uncomfortable(I tile tables). Should I try AHK scripts? Should I try playing FR Rush? How do you guys who play FR put in satisfying volume?
    • AjoPP1
      AjoPP1
      Bronze
      Can some moderator please rename this to "Smoking hot chick's blog with pics inside? I need to get viewers :D
    • SneakyhanD
      SneakyhanD
      Bronze
      You can rename it yourself, and in your presentation message write a msg like " haha you thought im hot chick?? gotcha !"

Goodluck with your DoN's journey, keep posting graphs, downswings upswings, goals etc..etc.. and viewers will come by . . .
    • Salivanth
      Salivanth
      Bronze
      Aw, don't worry. I'm watching, I just lurk! A DoN blog is a rather unique circumstance, so I'm glad to read it.

Good luck!
    • AjoPP1
      AjoPP1
      Bronze
      Thanks guys but unfortunately I don't play DoN's anymore for the reasons stated above, I've switched to NL2 9max instead. It's possible that I will go back to 6max though when I'm confident enough with my postflop play :f_o:
    • AjoPP1
      AjoPP1
      Bronze
      Ok today sucked big time, I managed to get in good volume but I'm down 3.5 BI and decided not to play anymore. I guess everyone knows it, I was dealt AA 4x and QQ 4x in the last 20 minutes, all of it cracked to river suckouts or got 3bet on dangerous turns etc... And on the top of that everyone played back at me today so it was hard to get any dead money. It's strange how one day you totally crush the tables and the other day you just can't win any pot. I also made two crucial mistakes, firstly when I missjudged opponent's hand and he showed me KK(I had QQ on a dry board) and secondly when I was unable to fold FH on river facing AI. It was a really stupid play from me because I knew he couldn't have done it with anything worse than a higher FH, but I kinda thought he would often bluff on such a river - lesson learnt, NL2 villains DON'T bluff on such rivers.

I need to find some articles on how to play in 3bet pots and what to do when opponents donk into us on wet boards, because I'm often forced to fold a pretty good being afraid of sets, two pair... I think I'm generally too afraid of sets, because villains often play their hands the way I would if I had a set on certain boards and it costs me a lot of money having to fold after having invested heavily.

The graph from today :s_mad:

• AjoPP1
      AjoPP1
      Bronze
      In case anyone cares, hey there :f_biggrin: I decided to make an update after roughly 5k tracked hands(prolly 2k aren't tracked) on pokerstars NL2. It's been going quite well since the last update and that bad session and I've managed to boost the bankroll up to 81.53 $ I've gone from pokerstrategy elephant to PT3(long story) but I'm still grinding for the elephant license :) Here's the graph:

My stats for these 5k hands are 16/13. I cbet 31% hands - should this be higher??

I'm more or less satisfied with my overall play but I have to work on better picking spots for aggression. I sometimes spew too much X( And if it wasn't for some stupid calls(come on, we all make them) I'd have been probably shotting NL5 by now - want to do so when I have 20BI for it. If things go well hopefully by the end of the month. But the best thing so far - I'm starting to gain confidence :f_cool:
    • Saruniks
      Saruniks
      Bronze
      well my flop Cbet is 62%, dunno, I don't say you have to Cbet more, but it works for me, I gues... :f_cool: I am fish anyway :f_biggrin:
    • AjoPP1
      AjoPP1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Saruniks
      well my flop Cbet is 62%, dunno, I don't say you have to Cbet more, but it works for me, I gues... :f_cool: I am fish anyway :f_biggrin:
      Wow, isn't that too spewy? How often do you double barrell then?? And what are your betting lines? when I cbet I usually bet 1/2 pot and when I valuebet I bet close to pot on flop. =)
    • Saruniks
      Saruniks
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AjoPP1
      Originally posted by Saruniks
      Wow, isn't that too spewy? How often do you double barrell then?? And what are your betting lines? when I cbet I usually bet 1/2 pot and when I valuebet I bet close to pot on flop. =)
      well, I don't know, maybe shuffler on Unibet is a bit different, I hit kinda often or flop drawing hand or ofcourse I get pocket pairs. My turn Cbet is 53%, that is very high, but I am very agressive, dunno how do I make profit :D

well, I allmost allways bet 2/3 of pot or so, when heavy draw board then allmost pot, when I hit and it is heavy dry I bet a bit more than 1/2. Dunno if this is right, But you can see my progress on blog, I believe it is ok :f_biggrin:

EDIT: those guys on UB allmost allways fold, I get kinda boring sometimes because they don't give me action and I start tilting :f_biggrin:

and it seems that noone understands that I cbet too much

EDIT: I believe that being too aggresive is problem on multitabling, I can't play more than 2 tables as I cannot play without reads :f_cry:
    • AjoPP1
      AjoPP1
      Bronze
      Yeah players being too weak on those sites might be the case. And I do multitable, I play 6-8 tables, want to add more. I want to play at least 1k hands a day, the graph I posted is from this week with 1 or 2 days off I think(or very little volume). To get in 1k hands a day in fullring requires multitabling, otherwise it would be impossible. So obviously I can't get as good reads as you do. :) Playing more tables makes me play straightforward and not get too fancy :f_p:
    • Saruniks
      Saruniks
      Bronze
      sry double post
    • Saruniks
      Saruniks
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AjoPP1
      Yeah players being too weak on those sites might be the case. And I do multitable, I play 6-8 tables, want to add more. I want to play at least 1k hands a day, the graph I posted is from this week with 1 or 2 days off I think(or very little volume). To get in 1k hands a day in fullring requires multitabling, otherwise it would be impossible. So obviously I can't get as good reads as you do. :) Playing more tables makes me play straightforward and not get too fancy :f_p:
      oh sorry, I forgot that you are playing on 9-max, I am playing on 6 max. Used to play 9-max too, not my type of game, so moved to 6-max :f_biggrin: much more my game

so cbet is different on different types of games :f_cool: sorry for missleading
    • johnwayne360
      johnwayne360
      Bronze
      good luck with the blog i will be watching this :s_biggrin: