Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG stockmaster8 ($6.15)
      CO MPUrk ($7.48)
      BTN erevan_plaza ($17.72)
      SB One Pozitive ($6.59)
      BB Hero ($5.06)

Pre-Flop: ($0.07, 5 players) Hero is BB A:club: J:heart:
      stockmaster8 calls $0.05, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, stockmaster8 calls $0.15

Flop: 4:spade: 3:club: 4:club: ($0.42, 2 players)
      Hero bets $0.25, stockmaster8 calls $0.25

Turn: 4:heart: ($0.92, 2 players)
      Hero bets $0.40, stockmaster8 calls $0.40

River: 10:diamond: ($1.72, 2 players)
      Hero checks, stockmaster8 checks

Final Pot: $1.72
      Hero shows three of a kind, Fours
      A:club: J:heart:
      stockmaster8 shows
      K:heart: J:club:

Hero wins $1.61 (net +$0.76)

stockmaster8 lost $0.85

Acorrding to hes stats Villain is decent player with 22/10/3.6/1.2( VPIP/PFR/3BET/AFF) over 85 hands.
      He limped from UTG which is sign that hes hand is weak,but again he bets only 10% of hands so some connectors and high cards shouldnt be discarded here.
      Am ahead of hes range most of the time, so betting was only option here imo.
      I should add one extra bb for position imo.
      Flop probly misses most of hes calling range, so perefect time for cbeting.
      He called and there was another 4.
      I realised that I might be behind here, in case that he has some PP but despite of that I continue the agression trying to represent strong pocket pair myself.
      He called again.
      River brings T :diamond: which could hit his range, and sicnce we missed totally I decided to check and give up on any agression.
      He checked behind,he showed KJ and we collect the pot.

I was pretty proud on myself the way I played this hand,but would like to think your opinon about it.
      Also my bet sizes could be bit higher, dont they ?
      cheers
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Sinnology,

Preflop: Yes, raise bigger, ~$0,30 for the reason that we also are OOP.

As played
      Postflop: I'd bet flop ~$0,3 but $0,25 ain't that wrong. But I'd rather just skip the 2nd barrel there, what worse hands will Call you? There aren't that many worse combos which are capable of Calling and often times he wont bet anyways with his just weak hands. But if you decide to 2nd barrel then do it ~$0,60.

Best regards.
    • Sinnology
      Sinnology
      Global
      THx man!

Well my preflop raise sizes are :

EP,MP = 4bb
      CO.B = 3bb +1bb/limper
      SB,BB= 3bb+1bb/limper& 1bb for position

Do you agree with those ?

About posftlop play, you are absoultley right.
      You know I still need to develop that way of thinking, to ask myself what worst can call me here, what do I beat etc while playing.
      When am looking at hands later I can think about that, but in play its bit more dificult for me.
      TBH it was more as a blocker bet, since I was OOP and agressor, so I basicly bet, to prevent being beted myself. I would probably checlk behing second barrel if I was IP here.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Sinnology
      THx man!

Well my preflop raise sizes are :

EP,MP = 4bb
      CO.B = 3bb +1bb/limper
      SB,BB= 3bb+1bb/limper& 1bb for position

Do you agree with those ?

About posftlop play, you are absoultley right.
      You know I still need to develop that way of thinking, to ask myself what worst can call me here, what do I beat etc while playing.
      When am looking at hands later I can think about that, but in play its bit more dificult for me.
      TBH it was more as a blocker bet, since I was OOP and agressor, so I basicly bet, to prevent being beted myself. I would probably checlk behing second barrel if I was IP here.
      Yep, the raising sizes are totally fine. Although sometimes I even use 4bb+1bb per limper and + 1 bb for being OOP. Depends on the opponents and stuff. If you see them being kinda looser then you can always raise it up bigger as well.