Very Interesting Situation Live

• chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      Alright, basically here's the deal. I have JJ with 12BB (slightly below average stack) in the SB 8-handed in a donkey live tournament. About 30 people remain. UTG shoves (he was on tilt) for about 2.5BB, UTG+1 calls (decent player). MP1 folds, MP2 folds, CO folds... I didn't see BU was still acting, and i said all-in. Players said I was acting out of turn and thus my only two choices were a call, or a fold. I ended up calling, and I said "I'm all-in blind" and shoved my chips in the pot.

Now i think this was the right move, as a decent player on the tight table would've called any top40% hand preflop, and could make a call-down with a higher pair if they paired if i showed such weakness.. what do you guys think?
  • 8 replies
    • ManniXXX
      ManniXXX
      Bronze
      I guess your trying represent AA or KK regardless of the board?

I would personally wait for a look at the flop to see how ugly (or good) it is and act accordingly.
    • benjo
      benjo
      Black
      was it in a homegame or something ? cause this ruling sounds quite odd to me.
      usually if u say all in out of turn, you ARE all in. Your "punishment" is that u can't take your chips back even if 5 players in front of you suddenly move in.

besides dont like your move. u only invested 2,5bb so even if you lose the hand you still remain @ 9,5 AND you just passed the blinds.Plus if the only remaining player in the hand is a good one as u described he wont be trying to steal the pot from you and rather check it down.
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Bronze
      i agree, don't go in blind with jacks.

Another thing, I don't think a solid player would call with top40% there, because there is so much action behind him. I would call top 10-20, which makes your hand a lot worse. And plz be patient next time, if you don't feel comfortable playing live, you can wait for the dealer to give you the turn every time.
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      If you want to avoid playing out of turn again, just look at your cards only when the action gets to you. Tells will also be harder to spot.
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Bronze
      Originally posted by swissmoumout
      If you want to avoid playing out of turn again, just look at your cards only when the action gets to you. Tells will also be harder to spot.
      not necessarily, because people look at you only when it's your turn. I pick a spot where I'm ignored, then I look at my cards. I try to concentrate on the action the entire time.
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      funny thing is i always only look at my cards when i think it's my turn. except the guy took maybe 50 times longer than the other players so i didn't notice (no exaggeration btw)

it was a donkey live freeroll.

main question for me is how similar a preflop shove is to a blind flop shove.
    • Bizaxta
      Bizaxta
      Bronze
      IMO a preflop shove is completely different from a blind flop shove because preflop somebody might make a call w/AK or 99 for example, and you will be in the lead at the time hoping for a safe flop..however if the AK or 99 can see the flop before calling your all in, the chances of you being ahead if they call are very slim as the best situation you can hope for is to flop a set of jacks against tptk or underset...giving them the opportunity to see the flop before calling your all in almost guarantees you being behind if they do call
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      yes but i think it increases fold equity a great deal if you make this play, because if they have A5, etc. and they hit the ace on the flop, they'll still most likely fold to that blind shove.