[NL2-NL10] NL2 A3s

• dany2391
      dany2391
      Bronze
      I was trying to keep initiative by betting,but also keep the pot small because my hand wasn't that strong.Do you thing it's the right play?
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $2.04
      UTG2:
      $0.84
      MP3:
      $6.87

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:spade: , 3:spade:
      UTG2 calls $0.02, 2 folds, MP3 calls $0.02, 3 folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.07) A:heart: , 9:spade: , 2:heart: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.04, UTG2 calls $0.04, MP3 calls $0.04.

Turn: ($0.19) J:club: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.08, UTG2 calls $0.08, MP3 folds.

River: ($0.35) 3:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.08, UTG2 raises to $0.20, Hero folds, UTG2 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.51
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello dany2391,

Bet bigger on turn, ~$0,15 and likely Bet/Fold on river as well you did. He will likely have there a strong hand which raises. I expect to be flushes very often there.

I'd advice you posting more hands, seems that you are having a very big leak with bet sizings. Those may cost you a lot in game play.

Best regards.
    • koosMaras
      koosMaras
      Bronze
      Hi veriz,

do you think it's reasonable to bet on flop when we have two opponents behind who are likely to call? I agree that there's a flushdraw possible and those two are likely to call even with midpair, gutshot like 45, PPs like 55, 66, though A3 is the worst top pair on this kind of board. I don't think it has much value here. Since opponents are likely to limp A2-AT/AJ pre-flop. Maybe it would be better just keep the pot small and try to see cheap showdown?
      I like your line too, of course dany should choose here either keep the pot small or bet strong turn and then river about 1/2 pot size, fold to a raise. Maybe it just would be safer to check if you don't think that your hand's strong enough?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by koosMaras
      Hi veriz,

do you think it's reasonable to bet on flop when we have two opponents behind who are likely to call? I agree that there's a flushdraw possible and those two are likely to call even with midpair, gutshot like 45, PPs like 55, 66, though A3 is the worst top pair on this kind of board. I don't think it has much value here. Since opponents are likely to limp A2-AT/AJ pre-flop. Maybe it would be better just keep the pot small and try to see cheap showdown?
      I like your line too, of course dany should choose here either keep the pot small or bet strong turn and then river about 1/2 pot size, fold to a raise. Maybe it just would be safer to check if you don't think that your hand's strong enough?
      The problem is that we also somehow have to protect your hand from that drawy board, plus we are kinda getting the information where we stand. For example if we get raised there we have a easily fold. While with Check/Call we wont find out where we stand. And sometimes as played I even prefer to Check the turn for pot control as you had in mind Checking the flop.
    • koosMaras
      koosMaras
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Originally posted by koosMaras
      Hi veriz,

The problem is that we also somehow have to protect your hand from that drawy board, plus we are kinda getting the information where we stand. For example if we get raised there we have a easily fold. While with Check/Call we wont find out where we stand. And sometimes as played I even prefer to Check the turn for pot control as you had in mind Checking the flop.
      I think you're right, bet flop, check turn would be better instead of that 0.08$ bet, don't know is check would better than good bet size (~0.15$ like you said). About that 0.08$ bet: don't you think that it's giving information not for us, but for our opponents? For example, sometimes I could understand it like "I have something on this board, but it's really weak" or something similiar. I think it would be good opportunity for our opponents to raise that bet even with their draws, midpairs, especially if dany has tight player image, who's likely betting strong with monsters and other actions indicate weakness?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Yep, such a small bet usually is a indicator that the opponent doesn't have that strong hand.