[NL2-NL10] NL2 ATo

• dany2391
      dany2391
      Bronze
      How do you play against a :f_biggrin: like this one?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $3.12
      MP3:
      $8.22

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:heart: , T:spade:
      3 folds, MP3 calls $0.02, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.10, BB folds, MP3 calls $0.08.

Flop: ($0.22) 7:club: , 4:heart: , 2:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.08, MP3 calls $0.08.

Turn: ($0.38) 3:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $0.18, Hero folds, MP3 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.38
  • 6 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello dany2391,

CBet the flop bigger, ~$0,15 and likely as well giving it up on turn. Nothing much you can do there.

Best regards.
    • CandyCane93
      CandyCane93
      Bronze
      Hey,

sorry i'm reading all posts at the 2NL level because i'm currently grinding this limit. And i'm trying to learn as much as possible on other ppl's comments or situations as much as my own.

you say "how do you play against a fish like this one", but what I don't understand is ATo isn't an amazing hand.

ok fair enough to play it, but then you don't hit on the flop?
      so i feel that if i were to continue with this hand/ bluff it, I would just be a fish myself????

I thought the correct move here, rather than a c-bet would be to check.
      With him checking behind to see a free card.

or just to dump the hand??

Veriz you say to C-bet bigger on the flop, but i'm confused because this isn't the move that i would have chosen....

thanks everyone :)
    • koosMaras
      koosMaras
      Bronze
      Hi CandyCane93,

reading other members hand evaluation is good for your improvement, so keep it going. :) You have a good note that ATo is really not that strong, though if you think you can take the pot pre-flop by raising or outplay limper post-flop it's fine to raise.
      Now, veriz said to Cbet bigger because it's still kinda good flop to represent an overpair in your hand like 99 or TT+. Though I notice not for the first time that dany2391 has some problems with raise sizes and with those smalish bets he shows his weakness, shows that he didn't hit on the flop. So basically you're right - it's better just to check/fold on the flop if you're afraid to cbet same amount as when you have really strong hand. And obviously that opponent wasn't such a fish because he just turned dany's weakness to his profit.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      There are just so many worse hands which he could be holding like any suited connectors, some broadway cards and as well weaker Aces. Therefore I don't mind the CBet there but I'd do it bigger. And of course Check/Folding is also an option depending on the opponent but I still see there being fold equity against him.
    • CandyCane93
      CandyCane93
      Bronze
      ok thanks guys :)
      i think that has cleared it up for me
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by CandyCane93
      ok thanks guys :)
      i think that has cleared it up for me
      That's why we are here. :) Just don't forget to post your own hands as well and don't try to base only on other hands. Finding leaks in other games is one thing but while you also have to consider to do that with your own game as well.