What are your goals for 2008?

• Timor83
      Timor83
      Bronze
      So, I was curious, what are everyone's goals for 2008? And feel free to discuss them, off course :)

Mine are:

- Reach NL400 again (currently playing NL200) and become a winning player there:

I've played there briefly before but had to move down again after a downswing. My goal is to have a winrate higher than 3 PTBB/100.

- Then reach NL600, and maintain the same winrate.

- Becoming financially independent by playing poker by August 2008. This may be the toughest one, allthough I can see it happen if I reach NL600 with an hourly winrate of 60$ (which means a about 2 PTBB/100).
      Conditions:
      - Since I play, on average, 3.33 hours per day (so about 100 hrs/month)
      - ...and want to be completely legal with it (that means the Belgian state will skim off with a tax rate of 33%)
      --> 60$/hr would be the minimum if I want to be set for a bad month where I don't have enough income. This implies that I won't move up again, so if I achieve a higher winrate (which remains to be seen), I can do that too.

- Improve my MTT game

- Learn some other form of poker thoroughly (perhaps PL Omaha).

And besides Poker: Pass my Master year off course :)
  • 10 replies
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi Timor83!

I have one more goal for you: update the blog regularly :D Besides that: nice goals. I hope you achieve all of them!

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • Classical
      Classical
      Bronze
      My goals are a bit more modest :)

- Play SH before the summer with proper BRM
      - Either move up one limit in SH, or start NL at lowest stakes before end of year.
      - Continue studying and discussing hands
    • timukasr
      timukasr
      Bronze
      Become a successfull player :)
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      My poker goals are:

- Playing with full confidence 5/10$ SH until 1.1.2008. (At the moment I play mainly 3/6$ SHmixed with good 5/10$ SH tables.)
      - After being a successful 5/10$ SH player my next goal is to play 10/20$ SH+. This might take up to 6 month because I have a tight bankrollmanagment (1000BB) and I can't spend to much time into playing.

My other goals are:

- Pass my tests at the university successfully. (5 tests for this semester.)
    • sw0ldo
      sw0ldo
      Bronze
      take part in a few bigger MTT's online
      qualify for a fairly big event in the UK somewhere
      play a lot more live
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      - Poker goals

- Reach NL200 by this summer.
      - Reach NL400 by the end of the year.
      - Have a stable winrate so I can forego looking for a student job this summer and play 40 hours a week, with half of winning to be deposited, half of it to be for bankroll building.
      - Maintain my status as Pokerstrategy's most insane member.

- Other goals

- Pass university exams in first session without redo's.
      - Stop being single.
      Bronze
      sigh...

Goals (winter):

1) 'A' mark from quantum chemistry exam
      2) 'A' mark from microbiology exam
      3) 'A' mark from inorganic chemistry exam
      pass other 5 exams in winter session.

Goals (summer):

1) 'A' mark from statistic thermodynamics exam
      pass another... well, don't really want to count all of them.
      2) Do all the work needed to start writing my bachelor thesis. Prepare for the summer research session.

Any other goals? Well, don't die, eat, sleep (having problems with the latter lately). Play and study some Go, play and study some poker.
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      wow those are tough goals 098799 :P

mine in terms of poker:

move up to 50$ SNG (this will be my bread and butter sng) with a bankroll of 50BI.

improve at MTT

reach BR of 5000$
    • mishh06
      mishh06
      Bronze
      ooh, some interesting goals here! goodluck to timor especially, i hope you can make it :)

My goals for 2008 are:
      - reach $22 sit n go's and hopefully have a winrate good enough that i don't need a part time job while i'm studying
      - improve my MTT game
      - have my application to study abroad a semester in japan approved :D
    • finchybg
      finchybg
      Bronze
      My goal is without taking too many risks to make profit, close to the one of a part-time job. As my country Bulgaria is very cheap compared to any country in Western Europe, this means that a profit in the range of 150-250$ every month(achievable at quite low limits and without too many playing hours) is a perfect addition to the income I am granted by my parents. For instance, a regular nurse in a state hospital makes that kind of money monthly.

I would also be satisfied with side income connected not only with playing poker, but with doing something connected with poker, as in the past months I have gained enough knowledge to label myself more than a novice in poker.

And another point worth mentioning - as I am facing university exams in the summer, I hope poker doesn't hinder my studies for these exams in any way! But that depends on me of course :)