[NL2-NL10] NL5 KK possible fold?

• KillerFishes
      KillerFishes
      Bronze
      Hi ... I just saw KK and tried to get AI preflop ...

The guy has 7/1 after 900 hands... As he did that 4bet I was really thinking about just folding ... Is even this allin against this guy +EV?

btw. today I've lost twice KK to AA against fullstack :) -25$ just from two hands in NL5 why not! :D

And that's next thing I want to ask you, if it's ok :) Going to table just with 100bb or 250bb?
      I was thinking and still I am that it's better to get FULL because you can get max value from your good hands... but on the other hands you get beated more painfully I think :) set to over set, KK-AA and so on :)
      But today I just analyzed some games and I've noticed that it's maybe even better to just get 100bb, because bigstacks doesn't have good implied odds on you and they can't so easily notice you aren't fish (so they are able to pay you more with TPTK because they count you can hold like Ax you know ...)

Am I wrong? Today I just played my worst session but I am not really feeling bad or so :) I lost 25$ KK>AA 15$ sets to overset and 10$ for NUTFLUSH against fullhouse (river card saved him) ... lol!

But as I said even though I am really satisfied all these moves are +EV(maybe just this hand is really close that's why I write here I really don't know hm ..) .. Aaaa I am kind of spammer sry just don't know when stop :) )

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      SB (Hero):
      $12.50
      BB:
      $5.00
      UTG1:
      $3.40
      UTG2:
      $11.93
      MP1:
      $12.50
      MP2:
      $5.16
      MP3:
      $5.17
      CO:
      $4.12
      BU:
      $2.00

Preflop: Hero is SB with K, K.
      UTG1 calls $0.05, UTG2 folds, MP1 raises to $0.25, 4 folds, Hero raises to $0.82, 2 folds, MP1 raises to $2.85, Hero raises to $12.52, MP1 calls $9.65.

Flop: ($25.1) T, 9, 8 (2 players)

Turn: ($25.1) 3 (2 players)

River: ($25.1) 2 (2 players)

Final Pot: $25.1.
      Results follow:

MP1 shows a pair of aces(A A).
      Hero shows a pair of kings(K K).

MP1 wins with a pair of aces(A A).
  • 2 replies
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Against this hand I would just call, hit the flop go for it if you don't check/fold. If he has 7/1 after 900 hands he is only playing.
      The other hand yeah tough luck, had the same bad luck over here last couple of days.
      And about the buyin on FT the max is 100BB but if it was more I would buyin for more, always the max. It's just gives you enough to bully the guys who buy in for less for a little bit.

Bet of luck with your game!!
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello KillerFishes,

And that's next thing I want to ask you, if it's ok :) Going to table just with 100bb or 250bb?

Depends once again. How much is your BR and how good are you playing deeper. Can you easily fold TPs and etc against even fish or whatsoever. As I understood that you have pretty big BR then it's doable but I wouldn't advice for the reason that you can put yourself into difficult spots often times. Of course you getting a lot more money from others when you hit hard but as well you loose a lot when you can't fold for example TP on dry board or whatsoever. Just most important to have good postflop skills, according to that you can decide either you playing deeper or not. If you don't feel that comfortable then just go buyin for 100BB.

Am I wrong? Today I just played my worst session but I am not really feeling bad or so :) I lost 25$ KK>AA 15$ sets to overset and 10$ for NUTFLUSH against fullhouse (river card saved him) ... lol!

That will happen with every poker player and try to get used to it. And don't let you tilt or anything like that. With experience you will get used to such beats and wont even take a look at them for the reason that in long run you anyways win money. Just there are days where you meet such spots where are sets vs sets and such things.

About the game:
      The guy has 7/1 after 900 hands... As he did that 4bet I was really thinking about just folding

900 hands is a lot and his 1 PFR could easily mean that he is raising like really small range and when he 4bets he will often have a VEEERY strong hand. Likely we can even consider AA. 1% of PFR means KK, AA. And for being that deep, I guess I'd even consider folding in this spot. Even though you might think like oh damit, I can't fold my KK here. But just take a look at the opponent stats. He is one of the opponents who only plays like KK, AA which is also very rare situation. And this is the one where we could consider folding, if we were like 100BB I wouldn't even mind.

Best regards.