Super Turbo SNGs on full tilt

• Ewaf
      Ewaf
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

I have been currently playing alot of super turbo SNGs on fulltilt, $1 buyin. I normally always survive to late stage, but this is where I suck. I have been finishing 3rd most of the time, the rest of the time finishing 4th.

I have read the articles about push and fold, but what are you suppose to do if you simply arn't getting a hand?

For example, I was chip lead by a long long way, with 3 left, and I finished 3rd because they kept going all in, and I was getting no hands what so ever. Is this just bad luck or am I doing something wrong.

Any advice greatly appreciated

Ewaf
  • 3 replies
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hi Ewaf,

First off all welcome to our community!

The variance in super turbo SNGs is really huge. You should have at least 200 buyins bankroll and experiences already in SNGs. Even if you play the perfect game, you still can have downswings with 50 buyins and more.

As nobody plays perfect and ICM play is really important so you should improve your game by using some ICM software like our ICM trainer:
      Practice the mathematically optimal tournament game

For heads up your play should be based on the HeadsUp Push/Fold Nash Equilibrium.

Good luck on the tables,
      Hannes
    • Ewaf
      Ewaf
      Bronze
      Hello!

Humm I didn't realise Sup Turbo was so much different. I simply chose them as they are much quicker :f_frown:

I will start doing normal SnG if that is the case. Thankyou for the links. That table seems highly useful, but what do the numbers actually mean?

Thankyou again
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hi,

The table shows you for Heads Up with which stacksize and hand you push in the small blind (1st chart) and call in the big blind (2nd table).

So for example you have Q6o in the small blind and you or your opponent has 9.6 big blinds or less, then you would push that hand and your opponent won't be able to exploit your game.

Best regards,
      Hannes