This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] [SH] TPTK turn raise

• Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      iPoker - $0.50 NL - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

BTN: $54.82
      SB: $50.00
      Hero (BB): $51.50
      UTG: $83.32
      CO: $52.08 VP:18/PR:18 (11 hands)

SB posts SB $0.25, Hero posts BB $0.50

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero has A:club: K:club:

fold, CO raises to $1.50, fold, fold, Hero calls $1.00

Flop: ($3.25, 2 players) Q:spade: A:heart: 9:spade:
      Hero bets $2.50, CO calls $2.50

Turn: ($8.25, 2 players) 2:heart:
      Hero bets $6.00, CO raises to $26.25, fold

Against an unknown I think I should 3B preflop (also vs a known player but I do flat sometimes)
      I didn't really get why he didn't raise the flop if he has AQ,A9 or sets.
      Could it be that he has a FD like KhQh?
  • 4 replies
    • Cerberus84
      Cerberus84
      Bronze
      I dont like this donkish line..

better: 3 bet preflop with aks

Flop: you are donking against the pfa, in case of a 3 bet u are the aggressor and lead with a cbet the flop! If he calls

Turn: firing the 2 barrel. The 2h could be open a backdoor draw, otherwise it is a blank and not in his range. In case of a shove, I would fold the turn vs. unknown!

There could be a set, as well as Axs with a draw in his hand range.
    • Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Cerberus84
      Flop: you are donking against the pfa, in case of a 3 bet u are the aggressor and lead with a cbet the flop!
      Agreed and that would be my standart play.
      However I think that from time to time its good to be less predictable and use other lines like this flat donk
    • Cerberus84
      Cerberus84
      Bronze
      Yes..thats fine as long you have reads and/or a history with a certain player! You have only 11 hands of him, so he is a unknown and I would prefer a standard line!
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think I´d always 3b that spot AKs, since I want to reduce his hand range that I don´t have to play likely to 22% and he would call worse hands so I don´t have no problem playing postflop. If I hit my tptk it is usually easy bet/shove on the flop.

As played you likely have to fold, but since your hand is really under represent and he may raise turn with draws I also don´t mind shove. Players usually doesn´t believe that you have there set or two pair, so he may also raise turn for value also with AK