[NL2-NL10] NL10 55 flopped bottom set in freeplay

• Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      After he raises, I pot raise and he minraises me back should I just be folding here? I was pretty sure I had to be behind. The only hand he can have that I beat here is Ac9c and I dont think he minraises my pot raise on the flop. He likely shoves.

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP1:
      $3.35
      MP2:
      $9.07
      Hero:
      $10

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with 5:spade: , 5:diamond: . Hero posts a blind of $0.10.
      MP1 calls $0.10, MP2 calls $0.10, MP3 folds, Hero checks, 2 folds, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.45) 9:heart: , 7:club: , 5:club: (4 players)
      BB checks, MP1 bets $0.1, MP2 raises to $0.56, Hero raises to $2.23, 2 folds, MP2 raises to $4.46, Hero raises to $9.90 (All-In), MP2 raises to $8.97 (All-In).

Turn: ($19.42) J:heart:
      River: ($19.42) K:spade: (2 players)

Final Pot: $19.42

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP2 shows three-of-a-kind, nines (9s 9c)
      Hero shows three-of-a-kind, fives (5s 5d)

MP2 wins with three-of-a-kind, nines (9s 9c)
      Hero wins with three-of-a-kind, fives (5s 5d)
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Meemawuk,

That's sick spot, I think against so nitty opponent it's damn close, for the reason that we haven't put much into the pot and there are still like 77 sets, 99 sets and of course straight already and big combo-draws. I'd make a weak fold here, we have only put $0,10 cents into the pot, ain't worth. Although it depends on your reads as well, how good he is and with what is he going broke here. Can we add sometimes some overpairs into his range or not?

Best regards.
    • Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      I guess we can now we know he limps 99. At the time I had no reads. I had literally just sat down in the BB to this hand on this table. I feel like I knew I was behind but couldnt find a fold. Ive been running pretty sickly bad since this hand... :-(
    • Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      Sorry I've just realised something, did you say you would genuinely make a fold after it goes bet, then raise? I'm not sure I'd ever be capable of that. Certainly after my raise and him minraising me, I can fold but surely not just to the bet-raise?
    • Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      repost! please look at this again. You fodl bottom set after a bet and a raise here?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Meemawuk
      repost! please look at this again. You fodl bottom set after a bet and a raise here?
      Yes, I am folding in this case our set for the reason that we can easily be behind here and we haven't put much into the pot. Set doesn't always mean to go broke.