willburto bets $0.60

DonCDon folds
  • 4 replies
    • abundance211
      abundance211
      Bronze
      hello tipper1719

I would do the same - fold.

According to rules after the flop you got trash hand with 1 opp. He bets, so you fold.

Good luck

abundance 211
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      according to the strategy you played correctly, but its always good to annalyze the situation.

The flop is paired, so its not very likely that he got a piece of it, however, he can hold overpair, but likely overcards or lower pockets. Besides, his overbet looks quite weak imo. i would put him on AJ-AQ or smthing. If you have any reads that your opponent is playing overagressively postflop, then you may consider push.

Pot size: 12BB
      Stack size: 11BB

If you push after his bet and he calls, you are getting 2.1:1 pot odds, which means that you need to win in 1/3.1 = 32% of the time.

Lets consider he is moderately loose opponent with a calling range from SB:
      22-88, AQs-A6s, K9s+, AQo-A8o, K9o+

Against this range we will win 58% of the time, which is more then 32%) I guess we will get more than 32% equity nearly against any possible realistic range... So mathematically correct play here is push.

But in the beginning its better to stick with basic strategy and fold, before you will be able to recognize situations where push is profitable... so well played)

You should push if he checked or you are first to act, since your stack:pot ratio is 1:1.
    • tipper1719
      tipper1719
      Bronze
      Well I was playing 4 tables, with very few, if any, reads. Irritated by the size of the bet, but being in a hurry, i folded.

If I'd been playing as i used to (only 1 table, "no strategy", before i read about SSS here) i think i would have re-raised him, for one cause i felt he's bluffing, and seeing outs for a full house or even a straight if i get lucky helps.

Also i might have thought "oh well, i'll stay in, i think it's a bluff, and if it isn't i'll know this guy a bit better in the future. This because his betting seems inconsistent in this hand".
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      This because his betting seems inconsistent in this hand".

yeah, that`s because he overbeted the flop :) Technically, you don`t need a lot of reads here)