[NL2-NL10] NL10 JJ vs shortstack

• Meemawuk
      This is kind of a strange spot for me. I'm obviously calling off his stack if I flop an overpair, but I think he can also be betting worse hand that he's probably stacking off with like QQ/TT/99 Flush draw. He might not even fold something like AQ if I raise here. On this kind of board against a full stack I could just call here and evaluate the turn, or play raise- fold but I feel like due to aggro stats, he's continuing the turn a lot of the time and there are a ton of cards I don't want to see. Also If I raise I'm pretty much commited to calling off his stack drawing super-thin. Is my fold weak? What would be a more optimal line?

Known players:

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J:heart: , J:diamond:
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 raises to $0.30, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.30, 4 folds.

Flop: ($0.75) K:heart: , 6:heart: , 6:spade: (2 players)
      UTG2 bets $0.56, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $1.31
  • 1 reply
    • Bierbaer
      As you say he's most likely betting a lot of hands.
      Not sure if he will get in that many worse ones, I think if he gets it in with a worse hand it will be some kind of FD+overcards type, therefore we're only doing a bit better than flipping against it anyway.

But having said that it's very unlikely he has a strong hand because he's leading out - usually people c/r when the have a 6 in this spot.

So the best line is to call the flopbet and get it in on any turn. Yes, there are some seemingly bad cards and you will lose against Kx sometimes, but more often than that he's bluffing so you'll get a lot of value.