This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 A8 Blind vs Blind

• Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      I put him on Qx here. Obviously I have to fold the river. I was planning to bet any blank on the river. I think that on a blank river there's fair chance my A-high is good but I don't want to check back and get shown something like Q9/QT. Should I jsut take a more passive line here IP or it my play okay?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $11.21
      Hero:
      $10

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:diamond: , 8:club:
      6 folds, SB calls $0.05, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.20) J:diamond: , T:club: , 9:heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.15, SB calls $0.15.

Turn: ($0.50) 5:heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.3, SB calls $0.30.

River: ($1.10) 8:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.82, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $1.92
  • 1 reply
    • Bierbaer
      Bierbaer
      Bronze
      Raise preflop for value, his limping range is very weak.

As played the flopbet is nice, but I think it's unlikely he folds the turn so I'd check back because even though we're ahead of Qx, they still have some equity and there also are a ton of other made hands in his range that he's not folding.

As played on the river you have an easy fold. I wouldn't bet a blank river. If he had a draw with Qx we're winning by checking anyway, if he has a made hand I think he's almost certainly not folding it.