[NL2-NL10] NL10 AJ vs IP loose passive player

• Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      My standard open is met by 2 IP callers, one TAG and one loose passive. Flop is okay for me to C-bet and I'm relatively comfortable seeing the Fish call. I bet the turn for value but also to protect against any potential straight/flush draws. He minraises me which looks really suspicious. I'm beating something like A8/A4/Ahxh and losing to sets, 2 pair hands and a strangely played AK/AQ. I decide that since he has minraised, he's stronger than some kind of pair+draw since I think he'd want some fold equity with those kind of hands. I still really struggle with clicking the fold button in these spots but I'm becoming mroe disciplined. Is my line of thought okay?

He showed 89o and had called my flop bet with a gutshot. Pretty spew!

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $10
      CO:
      $20.82
      BU:
      $9.58

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:heart: , J:club:
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, CO calls $0.40, BU calls $0.40, 2 folds.

Flop: ($1.35) A:diamond: , 7:club: , 5:heart: (3 players)
      Hero bets $1, CO folds, BU calls $1.00.

Turn: ($3.35) 6:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.1, BU raises to $4.20, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $9.65
  • 1 reply
    • Bierbaer
      Bierbaer
      Bronze
      Nh!

Yes, you beat some hands like A8, but the opponent is a fish - he calls wide ranges but once he raises he usually has a strong hand.
      And the call flop - minraise turn line is a veeery common line for fishes to take with valuehands.

Notice that if he calls the turn it completely changes his range (wide callingrange => weakness) so I'd bet the river for value again (again bet-folding if he raises).