This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 AKs combodraw vs strange stack size donk bet

• Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      I obiously dont want to give up on this hand but shoving directly here is not correct is it? What sort of raise can I make vs his stack that isn't efectively AI anyway? Should I just try making it someting like $4, then getting it in on any turn card?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      UTG:
      $10.2
      UTG1:
      $7.39
      Hero:
      $10.25

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:diamond: , K:diamond:
      UTG calls $0.10, UTG1 raises to $0.45, 4 folds, Hero raises to $1.20, 4 folds, UTG1 calls $0.75.

Flop: ($2.65) Q:spade: , T:diamond: , 5:diamond: (2 players)
      UTG1 bets $1.32, Hero raises to $9.05 (All-In), UTG1 folds.

Final Pot: $13.02
  • 1 reply
    • Bierbaer
      Bierbaer
      Bronze
      Nh in my opinion. We have such great equity (2 overs, a gutshot and a nutflushdraw) that we can get it in against any2.

If he has a valuehand I prefer getting it in with better equity on the flop, if he folds some kind of made hand like JJ - great! We made him fold a lot of equity.

So against most Qx+ hands the result will not change whether we shove or raise small, but against some made hands the shove looks stronger and therefore we have more foldequity.