[NL2-NL10] AK vs shortstack on flop.

• Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      I actually bet here thinking, he's getting it in with any 2 on this flop regardless, so I'm basically pricing myself in to call. Is it reasonable to do this thinking that he might every so often fold a pair?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      UTG2:
      $4.85
      MP1:
      $1.94
      Hero:
      $10.75

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:club: , K:diamond:
      2 folds, UTG2 calls $0.10, MP1 calls $0.10, MP2 folds, Hero raises to $0.60, 5 folds, MP1 calls $0.50.

Flop: ($1.45) 9:spade: , 7:heart: , 3:club: (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero bets $1, MP1 raises to $1.34 (All-In), Hero calls $0.34.

Turn: ($4.13) K:heart:
      River: ($4.13) Q:spade: (2 players)

Final Pot: $4.13

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP1 shows (4h 4s)
      Hero shows a pair of kings (Ac Kd)

Hero wins with a pair of kings (Ac Kd)
  • 2 replies
    • Andyuk18
      Andyuk18
      Bronze
      I don't think he is folding a pair here as he will know you could easily have Ax. However, with his stack size i think you are sort of committed to getting the money in anyway.
    • Bierbaer
      Bierbaer
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Andyuk18
      I don't think he is folding a pair here as he will know you could easily have Ax. However, with his stack size i think you are sort of committed to getting the money in anyway.
      Agree. I'd usually shove it in myself on the flop.

He has some kind of pair sometimes, but against those we still have ~25% equity (we need ~32% so we almost have the equity to get it in against those anyway!) and the times he folds we pick up 15BB which is obviously even better.

=> You played it well, but you could also just bet $1.4 to put him all in yourself.