This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] [50/SH] AJo oop turn vs probably poor player

• hova
      hova
      Silver
      Poker Stars $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players
      The Official 2+2 Hand Converter By DeucesCracked Poker Videos

MP: $10.00
      CO: $38.95 56/0 over 20 hands
      BTN: $10.50
      SB: $12.05
      BB: $26.00
      Hero (UTG): $33.60

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is UTG with J:diamond: A:spade:
      Hero raises to $1.75, 1 fold, CO calls $1.75, 3 folds

Flop: ($4.25) T:diamond: 7:spade: Q:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.75, CO calls $2.75

Turn: ($9.75) 8:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $6.50, CO calls $6.50

River: ($22.75) 5:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $6.50, Hero folds

Obviously Villain isn't going to fold a ton on the turn, I guess he won't fold AJ. But he might fold 55, 66 A7 maybe a T and some live equity. In hindsight I think I should've chk/folded the turn.
      He might flat AJ, KJ and because me betting the turn not charge me on the river for seeing a free showdown.

I considered overbetshoving for 27 into 22 on the river to get him off AJ,KJ,JT and maybe 99 and Tx. I thought this wouldn't be profitable though so I check/folded to his Qx heavy range.
  • 2 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I´d also barrel turn since you have double gutshot+ A might also be good. If you don´t bet turn then likely c/rai is better consider your stack sizes, overall equity and fold equity.
      5d is not the worse card so probably I´d barrel river 14$ unless his wtsd is really high, then c/f is better option
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      I don't like a ck/raise vs a player that appears to be a fish (and likely to be passive).

Keep in mind that the 8 actually helps his range that he might call with (draws, 1p hands, etc.). I prefer to barrel low cards here a lot more than the connected ones.

I think you need to bet 3 streets here to get him to fold Tx, 99, 89, etc. and prevent yourself from being bluffed of the best hand from hands like KJ, etc.

So IF I bet the turn I bet the river here a fair amount of the time unless it's a 9, T, J (maybe Q).