Two Pair of Suited Aces

• rorrlsh
      rorrlsh
      Bronze
      Hi everyone

After reading and following so many of your (un)/successful paths, I decided to write down my own story.

I started playing poker long time ago... I mean really long time ago, even before TT(I hope he doesn't mind I mention him) was successful. I got a freeroll from some "beeeeeeeep" site and of course lost it in a month or two... Dumbass, myself I mean, since poker/opponents weren't that hard to beat in old days.

After that few years have passed, I didn't even care about poker. I just had some SnG with my friends. Hell at the beginning I was even beating them but soon after that all went downhill. I couldn't win or had a bad beat. And I decided to read a bit about poker. So I came across this awesome site.

I took some time to read FL articles passed the test and went to play. To be honest it didn't go good, until I talked with my friend (kinda PRO) who told me not to bother with that "dumb" game and learn NL. So I did. Unfortunately I almost lost all my money on FL. I was playing on iPoker then. So I started to play SSS. It was going okay until they locked down iPoker for SSS players and I decided to move to bwin, where I had my betting account (that never went well neither...)

After reading SSS Bronze Articles I started playing. And GOD did I run good. I payed 30€ to start and play NL10. In few weeks I cashed 130€ out and left some $100 to continue playing. I finally moved to NL20 and NL30 with a bankroll of $300. Before I move on I have to mention, thanks to ongame I met a great poker friend who is a pokerstrategy member as well, Sinnology. Where was I... Oh yeah

So I had that sweet roll of $300 on ongame and bummm. Ongame changes min buyin from 20 to 35bb. DAMN... so the only option left is that I move to Stars. But before I moved, I decided to invest a little bit in my poker so I doubled my bankroll to $600.

I payed 300 on Stars and went on to play. I moved nicely to NL25 and tried NL50 just to check it out... I didn't have a stomach for it...

Unfortunately I had to stop my poker career for some months to finish my school, hoping to be done with it by the beginning of this spring... NAAAAAHHHH prof. asshole failed me... (sorry jb some of the guys in your profession are really AHos)

So.... I'm back to play poker. I have my $700 on Stars and I have decided to study BSS SH hard and profitable. Since I still don't have a stomach for loosing too much I listened to advice of another pokerstrategy member justkyle88 and started from NL5 to boost up my confidence and learn the game with as little of mistakes as possible.

I know I know... He who dares, wins... but I'll take my game slow...

I know this seems like a pretty nice road that I had, but my Alu-MacBook does not agree with that, I changed a bit of the design/shape. Its much more curly now + New HDD, New RAM, New Keyboard...

So lets start:

So this is the beginning of my journey. Later on I'll post some goals (I still have to set them for myself)...

PS: This blog won't only be about poker... I try to let you know more about me, football, basketball and other stuff...
  • 18 replies
    • Sinnology
      Sinnology
      Global
      Hey bro, its nice to see that you finally did the shit with blog.
      Am sure there will be lots of stuff to write inside in this days untill you decide again, to go underground again : )

NAAAAAHHHH prof. asshole failed me...

I cant wait for jb to elaborate on this one

Staying tuned.

Cya
    • rorrlsh
      rorrlsh
      Bronze
      OOOO I almost forgot to mention people whom I am more than thankful for helping me develop my SSS game:

Tampaloeres, Gerv and oscrgy.

Thanks guys...
    • rorrlsh
      rorrlsh
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Sinnology
      Hey bro, its nice to see that you finally did the shit with blog.
      Am sure there will be lots of stuff to write inside in this days untill you decide again, to go underground again : )

NAAAAAHHHH prof. asshole failed me...

I cant wait for jb to elaborate on this one

Staying tuned.

Cya
      I forgot to tell you, I was the only one and last one at the exam :-)
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      If you take the asshole to non-asshole ratio for poker players and then do the same calculation for professors, I'd say the former is higher (except for PS members obv). The sample size for the intersection is far too small to say anything conclusive.
    • rorrlsh
      rorrlsh
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jbpatzer
      If you take the asshole to non-asshole ratio for poker players and then do the same calculation for professors, I'd say the former is higher (except for PS members obv). The sample size for the intersection is far too small to say anything conclusive.
      I totally agree with you that one... I was just saying something like this:

{∃p | p ∈ Prof(ComplexityTheory) ⇒ p = asshole}... correct me if I'm wrong :-)

anyway for the poker related stuff...
      I played some poker today, first time since October 2010. Although it was only NL5 I was pretty excited. I tried to have a session with Sinnology but thanks to my awesome bandwidth upload he could follow crap.

Anyway last few days I watched some vids and reread verneers uNL Guide, specially SHC section. It was really good.
      I also sometime before read most of the Poker Blueprint so I could jump into action with a 2 Ideas I tried to follow and for the beginning:

Avoid being caught out of position with a week hand
      and
      Mid strenght hands are junk out of position

For the first I think I did really well. I played my range tight from UTG and MP and loosened up on CU and BU. I still have to learn a lot about playing from the blinds. Its where I had most of the problems today.

For the second, I'll have to add, MOSTLY. It all depends on opponents. From the videos I watched, I followed the rule to play the fish as much as possible... hence I got stuck in few situations... I did post the hands for hand evaluation, but I think I know where I screwed up.

To conclude todays poker:
      I really enjoyed playing, sweating, chatting poker, but I remember how hard it is to put volume. I'm really sad I only managed to play this many hands (400+) but I can't 15 table BSS SH. I only played 3 tables and mostly fishing.
    • rorrlsh
      rorrlsh
      Bronze
      So this is how I progress after 1k hands on SH NL5. I still don't know what to read from it.

Anyway I'll be playing some poker today. So if anyone is interested in poker chatting or sweating let me know. I think I'll play a bit more than yesterday because tomorrow is:

I hope this game doesn't end as boring as the first derby this season, it was the worst game I have seen in a long time. And of course United for the win.
      PS: I'll be in Shebeen (Lerchenfelderstr. 45, 1070 Wien)... you may join if you are a RED
    • rorrlsh
      rorrlsh
      Bronze
      I just can't stop laughing

• rorrlsh
      rorrlsh
      Bronze
      :f_thumbsup:
    • Sinnology
      Sinnology
      Global
      Lol, awesome video.
      Tomorrow I will cheer for City, since Džeko is playing for them, just to let you know.
      I ve been playin for 4hs now( its16:00 now) , so if you want to join me pop in to skype.

cheers
    • rorrlsh
      rorrlsh
      Bronze
      oooo what a sweet win... United - City 2-1 :-) sooo sweet...

You won't believe what happened to me. I ordered a game NBA 2k11 over ebay from Hong Kong for my XBOX 360, and waited for 3 weeks to get it and there is a small surprise... DUMBASS's sent me a game for PS3. If I wanted a game for PS3 I would have ordered that... GRRRRRR
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      Originally posted by rorrlsh
      oooo what a sweet win... United - City 2-1 :-) sooo sweet...
      It pains me to say it, but that's a good result for Spurs. I just hope we can beat Sunderland.
    • rorrlsh
      rorrlsh
      Bronze
      I finally managed to get some time to play poker, 500 hands. I haven't played over the weekend and monday since I had a friend visiting.

Well another thing I do and enjoy next to poker is playing basketball. I have couple of friends who I play basket every sunday and playing basketball is one of my favorite things to do... Although I try to play hard, its one of the most relaxing things I do... And this brings me to the title...
      Few weeks ago playing basketball I tweaked my back and it wasn't really a problem but last sunday I started playing and after the first game I got those crazy back spasms where your whole leg feels numb. I took a short rest and continued to play but I was not able to get to the rim or push under the basket... so my game was all about jump shots... anyway one part of my game was missing

I guess thats the common thing with poker as well. Today I turned the tables on and went to play. At first it all ran nice. Nice lay downs nice calls and so on... usual and than I decided to turn on a 4th table and than all hell breaks loose. I played so bad I couldn't hit anything and than I released, it wasn't about hitting something as much as on how bad I played.
      I got to the source of the problem.
      Lack of Concentration and No Rational Thinking
      I noticed I can't really concentrate on all 4 tables specially when I get good hands on 3 of them. My brain just switched to Auto-game I learned from SSS, just same patterns over and over again. It took me some times to figure that out and one specific hand that I played so bad. After that I turned off some tables got back to the game but I was already frustrated by my game so I just left.
      So for the next session important thing:
      Use Your

So from now on:
      Maximum Concentraion or NO POKER
      Now here is the graph of todays session, nothing special
      you can see the difference in my game

BTW: I have reached a decision

I will be moving to NL10 once I get $100 or 10k hands on Stars NL5, whichever comes first.
      I'm already rolled for NL10 so this goal is just for a brain to feed on something and to make some boundaries.

Today is Champions League.
      I can't wait to see how Spurs match up against AC Milan. Although I am a huge United fan, I can't dismiss the fact that Spurs are Cro-tenham and I ll be cheering for them big time.

COYS

For the end something to laugh

seems she got a stroke there. SAD but FUNNY
    • rorrlsh
      rorrlsh
      Bronze
      As suspected SPURS won... LOL at Gattuso... learn to play fracking football
    • rorrlsh
      rorrlsh
      Bronze
      I finally managed to put more volume today than usual. Its still nothing comparing to most of you but I'm happy with it.
      Anyway my progress towards NL10 is going well. First session this morning was good, and in the middle of it Sinnology joined me so it went pretty well.

Here are some hands I played.

PokerStars - $0.05 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

BB: $4.93
      UTG: $5.07
      MP: $4.78
      CO: $5.28
      Hero (BTN): $4.51
      SB: $6.43

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero has Q:diamond: Q:spade:

fold, MP raises to $0.15, fold, Hero raises to $0.45, fold, fold, MP calls $0.30

Flop: ($0.97, 2 players) 9:spade: K:spade: 3:diamond:
      MP checks, Hero bets $0.60, MP calls $0.60

Turn: ($2.17, 2 players) 9:diamond:
      MP checks, Hero checks

River: ($2.17, 2 players) 8:diamond:
      MP bets $1.20, Hero calls $1.20

Villan seemed a decent player with 18.5 - 16. So I was wondering if I should make a call on the river.
      Sinnology said insta call. That is because he is a better range reader than I am.

I was thinking if he had a Kxs but than what would have he called me preflop with KQs. Also flush completes but he wouldn't go for a runner runner.

NEVER SLOWPLAY... NEVER EVER AGAIN
      specially on NL5. They are going to call with anything anyway. so
      HIT THEM HARD

PokerStars - $0.05 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players

CO: $4.82
      BTN: $8.49
      SB: $6.17
      Hero (BB): $4.69
      UTG: $5.00

SB posts SB $0.02, Hero posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero has 3:diamond: 3:heart:

fold, fold, fold, SB calls $0.03, Hero raises to $0.15, SB calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.30, 2 players) K:spade: K:club: 3:club:
      SB bets $0.05, Hero calls $0.05

Turn: ($0.40, 2 players) A:diamond:
      SB bets $0.05, Hero raises to $0.25, SB calls $0.20

River: ($0.90, 2 players) A:spade:
      SB bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.50

SB shows 5:heart: A:heart: (Full House, Aces full of Kings) (PreFlop 49%, Flop 2%, Turn 9%)
      Hero mucks 3:diamond: 3:heart: (Full House, Threes full of Aces) (PreFlop 51%, Flop 98%, Turn 91%)
      SB wins $1.81

Now this is a hand vs FISH
      He has stats like 64/26 and 3Bet 10.

BB: $4.50
      UTG: $5.67
      MP: $8.24
      Hero (CO): $5.04
      BTN: $3.68
      SB: $5.02

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero has A:heart: A:spade:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.15, BTN calls $0.15, fold, BB calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.47, 3 players) 7:spade: 4:diamond: K:spade:
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.30, fold, BB calls $0.30

Turn: ($1.07, 2 players) 7:club:
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.60, BB calls $0.60

River: ($2.27, 2 players) 9:club:
      BB bets $0.20, Hero calls $0.20

BB shows 6:heart: 7:diamond: (Three of a Kind, Sevens) (PreFlop 19%, Flop 21%, Turn 95%)
      Hero mucks A:heart: A:spade: (Two Pair, Aces and Sevens) (PreFlop 81%, Flop 79%, Turn 5%)
      BB wins $2.55

I mean I had to call that small thin value bet. Check turn though, pot control, maybe...

Few rounds at the table I noticed that same guy is a bit trigger happy. Would shove a lot of hands preflop AI. So I waited until:

BB: $4.37
      UTG: $5.91
      MP: $4.19
      Hero (CO): $5.59
      BTN: $3.13
      SB: $5.00

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero has A:diamond: A:spade:

UTG raises to $0.15, fold, Hero raises to $0.45, fold, fold, BB raises to $2.00, fold, Hero raises to $5.59 and is all-in, BB calls $2.37 and is all-in

Flop: ($8.91, 2 players) T:diamond: 5:club: J:spade:

Turn: ($8.91, 2 players) Q:spade:

River: ($8.91, 2 players) 5:heart:

BB shows 6:heart: A:club: (One Pair, Fives) (PreFlop 7%, Flop 1%, Turn 5%)
      Hero shows A:diamond: A:spade: (Two Pair, Aces and Fives) (PreFlop 93%, Flop 99%, Turn 95%)
      Hero wins $8.47

How do you like them apples???

He left the table after that so did I.

So here is my graph on NL5 for 2.5k I played.

Sinnology told me, I play nitty (16/12, 3Bet 4.7) but hell, I'm running 16 BB/100 hands. Next to that I need to study a lot more to loosen up...

Tonight another Champions League night.
      This time no favorites, Arsenal - Barca is just too good of a game to cheer for anyone.
      In the other match, I'll be cheering for Shakhtar Donetsk.
      And you can guess why ...
    • Sinnology
      Sinnology
      Global
      Your graph looks much stronger than mine imo, so who am I to tell you what to do.
      Just keep it growing and you will be ok :)

Its awesome that Arsenal won, I just hope they wont be crushed back in Barcelona, but its to be expected that way
    • rorrlsh
      rorrlsh
      Bronze
      This is just a short update.

Here is my graph for the 5k hands I played on NL5.

I'm well on my course for both of my goals before reaching NL10.
      10k hands on NL5 and/or $100 profit on NL5...
      I cleared $10 bonus as well so I'm on $65

For more info come back later, I'll edit my post, adding my positional stats and few hands.

Now I'm off to watch AC Milan - Napoli... GO NAPOLI
      EDIT:

Damn that Milan trashed them. I hope they don't come like that on White Heard Lane... It might get messy

As I said I'll edit my post but I have to disappoint you all (it seemed to be many of you) since for some reason PT3 didn't mark the hands I wanted to discuss.

Overall I think I played some solid poker for NL5 for this month. I didn't manage to put not even close to volume I wanted but at least I am on course to NL10.

I had few distractions over the last 2 weeks or so.
      1) My family came for a visit and stayed for a week. That was cool since finally they don't need visas to travel to Austria.
      2) Girlfriend problems... (deep sigh)
      3) I always managed to find something else to do. Watching footy or baskeball, hanging out with friends, getting wasted for the above reason...

So from the beginning of my short BSS SH career I stand on this

Current BR on Stars: $768.27

As I said this are my positional stats for the first 5k hands:

Two nice hands:

like a FISH :s_cool:

CO: $2.32
      BTN: $3.75
      Hero (SB): $4.83
      BB: $5.00
      UTG: $3.00
      MP: $4.70

Hero posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero has T:spade: A:club:

fold, fold, CO raises to $0.15, fold, Hero calls $0.13, fold

Flop: ($0.35, 2 players) 4:spade: 7:diamond: J:spade:
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.25, Hero calls $0.25

Turn: ($0.85, 2 players) 8:diamond:
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.45, Hero calls $0.45

River: ($1.75, 2 players) 3:spade:
      Hero bets $0.95, fold

like a PRO: :f_p:

Hero (SB): $5.16
      BB: $1.41
      UTG: $3.65
      MP: $5.00
      CO: $5.37
      BTN: $3.20

Hero posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero has Q:heart: A:heart:

UTG calls $0.05, fold, CO raises to $0.20, BTN calls $0.20, Hero calls $0.18, fold, UTG calls $0.15

Flop: ($0.85, 4 players) T:heart: A:spade: 6:spade:
      Hero checks, UTG checks, CO bets $0.65, fold, Hero raises to $1.85, fold, CO calls $1.20

Turn: ($4.55, 2 players) 8:heart:
      Hero bets $3.11 and is all-in, CO calls $3.11

River: ($10.77, 2 players) 2:heart:

Hero shows Q:heart: A:heart: (Flush, Ace High) (PreFlop 75%, Flop 86%, Turn 93%)
      CO shows A:club: J:heart: (One Pair, Aces) (PreFlop 25%, Flop 14%, Turn 7%)
      Hero wins $10.25

Anyway I don't know if I'll be playing anything today since again more important things to do.

Study for school... Damn those Distributed Algorithms, SAT Solving and Complexity Theory (AGAIN)

Sweat with Sin if he is up for it... need to cheer a friend in a downswing...

Chelsea - Manchester United TONIGHT... I hope for a good game and may the United win

PS: we founded a small study group for micro stakes BSS SH players, following that thread about needing a mentor... so free feel to join us and share your knowledge... contact me or anyone else in that thread over PM to add you on skype

OHHH YEAH
      I almost forgot for all you followers. Here is something I made out of verneers crushing the micros.
      PLAYER TYPES
    • rorrlsh
      rorrlsh
      Bronze
      Well
      Today Lessons:

1)Never try to play a higher limit when you are not concentrated
      2)Never play your limit, when you are not concentrated
      3)Never play any limit just to keep yourself distracted from uncleared situation with your girlfriend...

Otherwise you get something like this:

Current Bankroll on Stars $698.01
      Today: $-70.26
    • Sinnology
      Sinnology
      Global
      Jesil živ ?