This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 KJ trips

• RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Full Tilt
      SB ($3.63)
      BB ($4.91)
      UTG ($5)
      UTG+1 ($5)
      UTG+2 ($7.76)
      MP1 ($3.43)
      MP2 ($5.22)
      CO ($5.97)
      Hero ($5)

Dealt to Hero J:club: K:spade:

fold, fold, UTG+2 raises to $0.20, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.20, fold, fold

FLOP ($0.47) Q:club: K:heart: K:club:

UTG+2 bets $0.30, Hero calls $0.30

TURN ($1.07) Q:club: K:heart: K:club: 5:diamond:

UTG+2 bets $0.60, Hero calls $0.60

RIVER ($2.27) Q:club: K:heart: K:club: 5:diamond: A:club:

UTG+2 checks, Hero checks

Villain 19/30/5.0 after 64 hands

Should I raise him on the flop? or river?
      And should I bet the river? I didn't since it makes the flush complete and the straight?

Thanks guys!
  • 5 replies
    • Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      I don't think he is likely to be double barrelling with a Non-nut flush draw? And I dont think he's open raising UTG+2 with any JT combo with those stats. I also think he would be betting this river with either a flush or straight.

I think its more likely that he has some sort of Ax hand (maybe even AQ,) or a PP like 99/TT/JJ.

I would definitely bet the river for value.

Look forward to see what Veriz says!

Edit: He might also take this line with AK hoping to check-raise the river, but there are only 3 combos. I don't think he plays AA like this.
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Meemawuk
      I don't think he is likely to be double barrelling with a Non-nut flush draw? And I dont think he's open raising UTG+2 with any JT combo with those stats. I also think he would be betting this river with either a flush or straight.

I think its more likely that he has some sort of Ax hand (maybe even AQ,) or a PP like 99/TT/JJ.

I would definitely bet the river for value.

Look forward to see what Veriz says!

Edit: He might also take this line with AK hoping to check-raise the river, but there are only 3 combos. I don't think he plays AA like this.
      yeah now that I look back at it I should've betted the river. But I just lost $8 in 3 hands and I was a little to carefull with this hand.

Thanks Meemawuk!!
    • Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      No worries! What did he actually have? Just like to know how close my read was! lol
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Meemawuk
      No worries! What did he actually have? Just like to know how close my read was! lol
      QJ of hearts
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      You should fold KJ against UTg open, since you´re very often dominated
      I think calling down is fine, since he would not really b/c too many worse hands. As played he would generally bet river his flushes and boats so I´d valuebet to 1$, since he may easily call you down with Ax