please help guy's

• theguy
      theguy
      Bronze
      Yeap... it about beating micros. I've studied so much, posted loads of hands learned a lot from the hand coaching, play TAG, dont make loose calls, dont bluff almost at all ( sometimes cbet ) dont bluffcatch, stopped FPS, select good tables but still I am loosing. I mean come on. what does it take to beat those micros ? I am desperate. so many hands and learning but no result. I refuse to believe that I am some kind of downswing or whatever. its just been so long. sometimes I run very good without no special lucky catches or so, but then everything that I win just spills somewhere. I've saw people post 20+bb/100 at micros and I was shocked !!!!! today I had one very good session and it was just 10bb/100 hands. This is probably the last thing I can ask you guy's to help me out. I've attached my stats and hopefully there is some major leak that you can find out.
      Thank you.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

EDIT: sorry about the wining :f_biggrin:
  • 16 replies
    • ExMagnusxL
      ExMagnusxL
      Bronze
      Hey I think I might be able to help but I need to see your graph with showdown/non-SD and equity value on it before I can make a real guess as to your problem.
    • MisClick
      MisClick
      Bronze
      Originally posted by theguy
      ...I mean come on. what does it take to beat those micros ?
      Hey theguy, don't despair. After all, you are almost breaking even :D
      What I can see from your stats is that you seem not to be cbetting enough. You are playing pretty tight preflop, so you are mostly ahead on the flop vs. randomish hands. The rest involves playing after the flop (or on the flop in tricky situations). I think you should discuss hands that you find problematic in the forums, to start with. That might start pointing you out in some direction. Also it might help you to start getting organized, and then you can start addressing your problems little by little. (For example, how many tables are you playing? If you are playing more than 2, go back to basics, you will find it easier to make yourself aware of your biggest leaks.)
      I hope that helps, don't give up the microstakes. There is plenty to learn at a little cost :f_love:

S.
    • theguy
      theguy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by argentina71
      Originally posted by theguy
      ...I mean come on. what does it take to beat those micros ?
      Hey theguy, don't despair. After all, you are almost breaking even :D
      What I can see from your stats is that you seem not to be cbetting enough. You are playing pretty tight preflop, so you are mostly ahead on the flop vs. randomish hands. The rest involves playing after the flop (or on the flop in tricky situations). I think you should discuss hands that you find problematic in the forums, to start with. That might start pointing you out in some direction. Also it might help you to start getting organized, and then you can start addressing your problems little by little. (For example, how many tables are you playing? If you are playing more than 2, go back to basics, you will find it easier to make yourself aware of your biggest leaks.)
      I hope that helps, don't give up the microstakes. There is plenty to learn at a little cost :f_love:

S.
      I'm playing 4 tables now instead of 8 and I'm seeing improvement. I've stopped instacalls and can concentrate on cbeting. btw I did feel that cbeting is an issue for me.

Thanks
    • LewwyJ
      LewwyJ
      Bronze
      I find micro the hardest to win at, the people on there don't understand check raises or traps, or anything, just calling machines, and usually one gets lucky.

That's what I've found.
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      get a coach.
    • fuzzyfish
      fuzzyfish
      Bronze
      I find the lowest microlevels (NL2, NL5) unbeatable too. Doing fine at NL20 and NL30 though.
    • tobiasdekker
      tobiasdekker
      Bronze
      Can you post stats like 3-bet stats and your continuation bet. I think your $ won at showdown is to low. I think you cal to much down.
    • vonki
      vonki
      Bronze
      also remember that you on some sites (like FTP) pay smt like 5-6bb/100 in rake on NL10 and the like. This allone makes it pretty damn hard to beat it ;) And those 20bb/100 graphs are either upswings or small samples.
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hey TheGuy

I've got the 'same' problem here. I started with my $50 and builded up to just more then $130.
      I crush the NL2 and find it now easy to play. If you play NL2 you just need to use your tracker and it tells you a lot. And if you keep an eye on the players it's 'easy' to beat them.

I find you have 4 kind of players in NL2.
      You have the Realy tight players that only play AA, AK, KK, QQ nothing less. Well it's an easy fold then unless you have a nice startinghand and you flop a monster. If I have nothing on the flop just check/fold rather.
      Then you have the regulars and then the stats might help you or if you observe them enough you find a patern they are playing when they hit or don't.
      Then you have the guys who play just to many hand like QJos in UGT but they'll cbet but mostly check the turn because they have nothing and I usually take the pot on the turn then.
      Then you have the fish and God do I hate fish!! I only lose against them but you know thats just me a lot of ppl make good money out of them.

When I go to NL5 though I only lose money I find it SOO hard playing on NL5. I find on NL5 the worst players. Because it looks like a lot of them have no clue what game they are playing and don't care about there bankroll and call you down and then get lucky.
      I'm have a hard time to figure out how to play on NL5 without losing too much money.
      Here's a hand I played on NL2 but this a that happens more in NL5 and makes me lose more money. It's not that often that it happens on NL2 but this time it did. So what I mean this hand is for me is a typical NL5 hand just don't look at the amounts.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.02(BB) Replayer
      SB ($2.02)
      Hero ($2)
      UTG ($2.06)
      UTG+1 ($2.22)
      UTG+2 ($2)
      MP1 ($0.76)
      CO ($0.80)
      BTN ($1.99)

Dealt to Hero A:diamond: K:spade:

fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, SB raises to $0.06, Hero raises to $0.24, SB raises to $0.73, Hero raises to $2 (AI), SB calls $1.27

FLOP ($4) 8:spade: 4:club: 4:spade:

TURN ($4) 8:spade: 4:club: 4:spade: 2:club:

RIVER ($4) 8:spade: 4:club: 4:spade: 2:club: 3:club:

SB shows 4:diamond: K:diamond:
      (Pre 26%, Flop 94.9%, Turn 100.0%)

Hero shows A:diamond: K:spade:
      (Pre 74%, Flop 5.1%, Turn 0.0%)

SB wins $3.74

Ps if anyone had tips on how to play on NL5 more then welcome =D
    • theguy
      theguy
      Bronze
      I've decided to play sss till my bankroll is suited for at least NL40. I just can't stand it. I get too confused. If this wont work than I'll just give it up :D
    • Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      I see your posts in NL10 review section and it looks like you play good generally. Maybe you have leaks in other aspects of your game?

I've only started beating NL10 this month for like 3BB/100 after playing terribly in January and losing 7 stacks. I sometimes face like 2/3/4 cooler/suckout spots per session and feel like if I run good for a few thousand hands, I'll blitz NL10 and be playing NL20/25 rapidly. I genuinely think its THAT close.

Work on blind defending and small blind completion. I realised I had major leaks defending blinds. Particularly in completeing the small blind. Regardless of what price I'm getting for J7o, It's very rare I can make it a winner when i'm so far OOP. Completing the SB alone loses 5BB/100 nevermind how badly you play hands OOP. This makes a significant change to your game!
    • theguy
      theguy
      Bronze
      See thats the thing. I too feel like I play good enough to at least have a 4bb/100 win rate but no. I know I play too passive in some spots and sometimes too aggressive in other spots but in the mean time I see people with 45/20/1 playing much more profitable than me for 5k hand sample.
    • shivas80
      shivas80
      Bronze
      nl2 beatable, atleast in fulltilt...

Sometimes its not easy... but work hard on your game and u will find a way to play to beat

So far i found kinda theory to be on + side.... its to take your winnings and minimize your loses...

I made a goal on first of december that i want to play nl2 for 10k hands to see if i beat it, and then i move up the limit. At same time, becoz i can't grind (have family and baby), I decided my sessions can't be less than 200 hands. So im playing 4 tables NL2 SH, if im + after 200 hands i quit, no matter what (well only case if there is someone giving money :)
      if im - after 200 hands, depends on tables and opponents, sometimes i play more just to get right hands to get some +.... so far, the longer the session the bigger the loss, so i suggest set urself goal to play like 200, 400, 1000 hands a session, and play for it, not for profit/loss.
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      dont underestimate 4bb/100 at any limit
    • fuzzyfish
      fuzzyfish
      Bronze
      Originally posted by shivas80
      nl2 beatable, atleast in fulltilt...

Sometimes its not easy... but work hard on your game and u will find a way to play to beat

So far i found kinda theory to be on + side.... its to take your winnings and minimize your loses...

I made a goal on first of december that i want to play nl2 for 10k hands to see if i beat it, and then i move up the limit. At same time, becoz i can't grind (have family and baby), I decided my sessions can't be less than 200 hands. So im playing 4 tables NL2 SH, if im + after 200 hands i quit, no matter what (well only case if there is someone giving money :)
      if im - after 200 hands, depends on tables and opponents, sometimes i play more just to get right hands to get some +.... so far, the longer the session the bigger the loss, so i suggest set urself goal to play like 200, 400, 1000 hands a session, and play for it, not for profit/loss.
      I must say that this redline looks good, especially for NL2.

I have a family too, thats why I usually play at evenings, when my kid is at sleep. Thats when the fish come out too :)
    • Edukator99
      Edukator99
      Bronze
      You know what none of the graphs or your details such as VIP tell you? How much you're playing each position.

I'm playing NL10

This month I said, fuck it, and decided to play the Button and cutoff much harder than any other position. It's a small sample but over 3,735 hands I'm up $37.25! (4.99 BB/100). I open raise with a wide range of hands from these two positions but not any two cards, that's too predictable...unless the blinds never fight back. I've actually found, at this limit, people don't defend blinds too much. So I simply pull in 15 cents fairly easily by open raising from these positions. I also call with a wider range. I used to fold unless I had really strong hands. Anyway, it's worked for me so far. I'm no shark tho... but it goes to show just how important position is. I heard this for a long time but now I get it...having the option to take a free card when the open raiser checks is huge.

This ALSO connects to my realisation that VIP doesn't actually tell you as much as you might think. My VIP often hits 18-25% over small hand samples but I might be 70% from the button since the table keeps folding around to me constantly and I've hit a string of decent raising hands. Meanwhile I have played very few hands from other positions. So people might look at me as pretty loose when I raise from earlier positions with good hands.

Also. I've realized that the BB/100 stat is deceptive. It fluctuates wildly don't forget. 1000 hands ago it might have been about 2BB/100 then up to 6 then down again. Winning, is seems doesn't happen in a steady progression but in big jumps and big drops. So, my goal has become to pick up as many little bits as I can and avoid the big drops.

At NL10 I think straight forward poker is best. Every time I people are raising on a dangerous board it seems they have big hands...and usually there's only 1 true donk at a table, if you're lucky.

Finally, I hate maniac donks. I really shut down and play big hands against them and I don't bluff. They assume you're bluffing anyway.

That's my 2 cents. I'm not a super poker player but that seems to be what I've learned so far.