[NL2-NL10] 34s multiway pot - played fish style ^^

• KillerFishes
      KillerFishes
      Bronze
      I'm sure I've played it very, very bad :D ... Actually I am really in shame for that play, but w/e for improve :)

I was pretty sure that he doesn't have FD on flop, I think there is not such a hand he could play so agressively ... When the turn was 9h and he put me allin I thought it's more of semibluff or something like that (Ax8h maybe or something like that) ... It was still limped pot, so he could have really a lot of random hands.

But as he had stats 9/7/1 I was sure he is "good player" so I thought, he knows that I am a "good player":) And I would fold there even some better hands - smaller sets, overpairs and so on ... worse hands I would probably fold against his reraise on flop ...

From this analyze I just came to that he isn't so strong at all :) Because he's not trying to take max value by betting less and let me draw something what he can eventually beat anyway... => So he doesn't have nut flush/straight against which I will be dead almost ...
      My best tip was still semibluff which I could actually beat :) Anyway I was wrong do you think my thoughts were very stupid or just medium stupid? Or not stupid at all? :D

Thx!!

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      BB:
      $4.90
      UTG2:
      $8.67
      MP1:
      $5.00
      MP2:
      $10.55
      MP3:
      $4.79
      CO (Hero):
      $5.00
      BU:
      $9.58
      SB:
      $7.21

Preflop: Hero is CO with 3, 4.
      UTG2 calls $0.05, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0.05, MP3 folds, Hero calls $0.05, 2 folds, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.22) 4, 3, 8 (4 players)
      BB checks, UTG2 bets $0.20, MP2 folds, Hero raises to $0.69, BB folds, UTG2 raises to $1.75, Hero calls $1.06.

Turn: ($3.72) 9 (2 players)
      UTG2 bets $3.20, Hero calls $3.20.

River: ($10.12) 6 (2 players)

Final Pot: $10.12.

Results follow:

UTG2 shows three of a kind, eights(8c 8d).
      Hero shows two pairs, fours and threes(3d 4d).

UTG2 wins with three of a kind, eights(8c 8d).
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello KillerFishes,

Preflop: Just fold it preflop. There aren't that many hands which we could hit and even if we do hit like 2pairs, we will never know where we stand.

As played
      Postflop: I guess I'd either fold it on flop or just ship it on flop. And likely might even just fold unless I know the opponent. Do you really think that he would raise you there with just TP? Not that tight opponent.

Best regards.