[NL2-NL10] NL2 Correct play/fold?

• CandyCane93
      CandyCane93
      Bronze
      Hey I've been playing quite a bit more at the 2NL.
      I'm being much more patient as advised.
      And things are working relatively well. I'm just playing to beat the limit and not getting myself worked up or emotional with taking on individual players as they all seem crazy :)

I'm really forcing myself to go for the "Fat Value" and ignoring the "thin value" / staying out of marginal decisions.

this is isn't a very exciting hand, but i wasn't sure if i correctly laid down or not.
      From my (still limited) experience big bets pre-flop are usually an indicator of relatively good hands.. and i have seen queens dominated several times...

If villains raise had been lower i would have been tempted but i just didn't want to :
      a) lose the call when an unfavourable flop comes
      b) stick with the hand only to get stacked by an AA/KK from the start

thanks again :)

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      SB = ($2.00)
      BB = ($2.24)
      UTG1 = ($2.06)
      UTG2 = ($1.14)
      MP1 (Hero) = ($1.93)
      MP2 = ($5.52)
      MP3 = ($2.00)
      CO = ($1.92)
      BU = ($1.84)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q, Q.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.06, MP2 raises to $0.21, 5 folds, 4 folds, 3 folds, 2 folds, Hero folds, MP2 gets uncalled bet back.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello CandyCane93,

Depends a lot on the opponent. Sometimes I might even consider going broke here, but if the villain is more tighter guy then folding should be fine. Although QQs are on those limits just to strong to lay down.

Best regards.