[NL2-NL10] Nl 10 77 set against possible overpair

• Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)        
      Position:
      Stack
      CO:
      $12.51
      Hero:
      $10.15

0.05/0.10 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7:spade: , 7:heart:
      6 folds, CO raises to $0.50, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.40.

Flop: ($1.05) 6:heart: , J:heart: , 7:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.70, Hero raises to $2.00, CO calls $1.30.

Turn: ($5.05) 9:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3, CO calls $3.00.

River: ($11.05) Q:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.65 (All-In), CO calls $4.65.

Final Pot: $20.35

All these bets are done assuming that opponent has overpair or AJ.
      Flop: like my check/raise- board is dangerous and he could put me on the draw. So he would definitely call or maybe even re-raise to find out where he is.
      Turn: like my bet amount. Like I wasn´t certain that I´m still ahead and don´t try to take it down
      River: only cards that I afraid was Q, K, A. Thank a while before I pushed. That was quite silly reason. If he has QQ then maybe I won´t lose all my money by check/calling:D . Of course I loose a lot of value, because:
      overpairs KK and AA would check behind
      set with QQ would push and won´t lay it down
      So as I said I have to push and question is how to make the other player believe that i was on draw^^ By waiting 5-7 seconds before the push you make impression that you don´t really know whether to push or not and finally if you push he would call a lot easier (pot odds are quite good, so he might call even without acting:) )

Generally well played imo and another AA cracked by set:D
  • 2 replies
    • Thorsten77
      Thorsten77
      Black
      I raise the flop and the turn a little more. You cannot set you opponent to a single hand. He may also have a hand like a suited connector and thus you need to protect.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      If that helps, then CO was tight. So I wouldn´t think that he would not raise pre-flop smt like 89, 9T, 54 which gives him oesd or gutshot straight draw. Only thing I have to be worry, is flush draw.

Question is: should I want to protect my hand against flushdraw or when he bet/call then he mostly has overpair and he would fold to my strong turn bet.
      The way he played that hand: not meaning bet/call flop, call turn. But how long he thought when he called my bet on the flop, the bet he made on the flop, how long time he thought when he called my turn bet. I was sure, that he has either overpair QQ+ or AJ. Then the 3-rd heart wasn´t the scared card. It was just a little chance that he had QQ.

If I give him a very few hand range and I´m right time and time again, then I think that I shouldn´t stop playing differently.