[NL20-NL50] [SH] NL30 Combodraw on flop - call or shove

• fuzzyfish
      fuzzyfish
      Bronze
      I hit a nice combo on flop and decide to check raise it on scary board. However my opponent makes a strange min-raise and I assume he has an ace. So I just call the flop cause I don't think I have much fold equity in this situation. Of course on the showdown I regret my decision, but in theory - was my play right?

P.S. About the river - he has quite strange playing style but not very high WTSD so I take a final stab at the pot in case he has a busted draw or some other trash.

Ty

MicroGaming - €0.20 NL - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

Hero (BB): €32.80
      UTG: €21.75
      CO: €35.61
      BTN: €22.31
      SB: €4.00

SB posts SB €0.10, Hero posts BB €0.20

Pre Flop: (€0.30) Hero has K:heart: J:heart:

UTG raises to €0.60, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls €0.40

Flop: (€1.30, 2 players) T:heart: A:club: A:heart:
      Hero checks, UTG bets €0.60, Hero raises to €2.00, UTG raises to €3.60, Hero calls €1.60

Turn: (€8.50, 2 players) 4:diamond:
      Hero checks, UTG checks

River: (€8.50, 2 players) 8:club:
      Hero bets €4.20, UTG calls €4.20

Hero shows K:heart: J:heart: (One Pair, Aces) (PreFlop 63%, Flop 59%, Turn 41%)
      UTG shows T:diamond: 9:diamond: (Two Pair, Aces and Tens) (PreFlop 37%, Flop 41%, Turn 59%)
      UTG wins €16.06
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      You have one of the best hands that's not a pair so trying to get him to fold other draws doesn't really make sense since you beat them (ie: 67hh).

Given the turn/river didn't change much I don't see many hands better than you folding the river and i don't see any worse hands calling, so checking should be the default option.
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Like he sad your beating most of his draws on the river unless he spiked a pair of 4's or 8's so you can check and your King high is good a decent amount of the time. However with all the busted his never ever folding a pair to 1/2 potsize bet so thats just a spew. If he folds then your very likely to have him beat. And even if you bet big his still probably not folding since your hand looks a lot like what it is.

On the flop i don't think you can do anything other then call unless you have some really aggressive dynamic going on with him. You could easily be drawing dead to 1 outer so its better to call since the price is so good anyway. And not many players will do this c/r with 9T in this spot so its not really something to worry about.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      instead of c/r you also have option to bet/3-bet flop since he would very often raise this board as bluff and you then can 3-bet.
      Your play is fine on the flop and turn. I also think you should check river or overbet it. But generally going to showdown seems better option to see what hands he was 3-betting you