This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] [SH] NL30 Combodraw on flop - call or shove

• fuzzyfish
      fuzzyfish
      Bronze
      I hit a nice combo on flop and decide to check raise it on scary board. However my opponent makes a strange min-raise and I assume he has an ace. So I just call the flop cause I don't think I have much fold equity in this situation. Of course on the showdown I regret my decision, but in theory - was my play right?

P.S. About the river - he has quite strange playing style but not very high WTSD so I take a final stab at the pot in case he has a busted draw or some other trash.

Ty

MicroGaming - €0.20 NL - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

Hero (BB): €32.80
      UTG: €21.75
      CO: €35.61
      BTN: €22.31
      SB: €4.00

SB posts SB €0.10, Hero posts BB €0.20

Pre Flop: (€0.30) Hero has K:heart: J:heart:

UTG raises to €0.60, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls €0.40

Flop: (€1.30, 2 players) T:heart: A:club: A:heart:
      Hero checks, UTG bets €0.60, Hero raises to €2.00, UTG raises to €3.60, Hero calls €1.60

Turn: (€8.50, 2 players) 4:diamond:
      Hero checks, UTG checks

River: (€8.50, 2 players) 8:club:
      Hero bets €4.20, UTG calls €4.20

Hero shows K:heart: J:heart: (One Pair, Aces) (PreFlop 63%, Flop 59%, Turn 41%)
      UTG shows T:diamond: 9:diamond: (Two Pair, Aces and Tens) (PreFlop 37%, Flop 41%, Turn 59%)
      UTG wins €16.06
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      You have one of the best hands that's not a pair so trying to get him to fold other draws doesn't really make sense since you beat them (ie: 67hh).

Given the turn/river didn't change much I don't see many hands better than you folding the river and i don't see any worse hands calling, so checking should be the default option.
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Like he sad your beating most of his draws on the river unless he spiked a pair of 4's or 8's so you can check and your King high is good a decent amount of the time. However with all the busted his never ever folding a pair to 1/2 potsize bet so thats just a spew. If he folds then your very likely to have him beat. And even if you bet big his still probably not folding since your hand looks a lot like what it is.

On the flop i don't think you can do anything other then call unless you have some really aggressive dynamic going on with him. You could easily be drawing dead to 1 outer so its better to call since the price is so good anyway. And not many players will do this c/r with 9T in this spot so its not really something to worry about.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      instead of c/r you also have option to bet/3-bet flop since he would very often raise this board as bluff and you then can 3-bet.
      Your play is fine on the flop and turn. I also think you should check river or overbet it. But generally going to showdown seems better option to see what hands he was 3-betting you