[NL2-NL10] A5s, FD n GD

• rorrlsh
      rorrlsh
      Bronze
      This guy seemed fishy sth like 40-8ish but over the small sample size, 30 hands still 40 is a lot.

PokerStars - $0.05 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

Hero (SB): $5.20
      BB: $12.50
      UTG: $4.35
      CO: $7.86
      BTN: $3.55

Hero posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero has A:spade: 5:spade:

fold, fold, BTN calls $0.05, Hero raises to $0.20, fold, BTN calls $0.15

Flop: ($0.45, 2 players) 3:diamond: 4:spade: 8:spade:
      Hero bets $0.35, BTN calls $0.35

Turn: ($1.15, 2 players) Q:heart:
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.95, Hero calls $0.95

River: ($3.05, 2 players) 4:diamond:
      Hero checks, BTN checks

Should I have continued my aggression on the turn with Q or just fold? I guess call is the worst of three.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello rorrlsh,

It's very close, sometimes I even like to 2nd barrel my own, depending on the opponent but likely Calling the turn ain't that big mistake since we somehow are getting the odds although folding directly should be safest play for the reason that he is betting pretty big and we will not even know that we will get his stack on river.

Best regards.
    • rorrlsh
      rorrlsh
      Bronze
      Thanks veriz.

But I'm thinking to myself what possible cards he could have had. He called from BTN, so pretty wide range.

He only called my bet on flop, so I've put him on some suited cards or some pair.

So once the Q came, he could have had Qxs and waiting for a flush, but I would have known better if I had bet.
      I guess he would have raised if he had Qxs, he would have called if he had just a flush draw and probably fold his small pair after 2nd barrel.

Like this I'm left wondering OOP on river what to do. Once he checked behind I knew he had no Q or a 4...

Please correct me if I am wrong.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Rather just Check and give it up, against that kind of opponents you don't have much fold equity there anyways. And those hands which you win he is likely going to fold to river bet anyways and those hands which you don't he is going to Call.