lost my $50 starting capital in 2 days

• mentedezona
      mentedezona
      Bronze
      Hello fellows,

I Lost my $50 starting capital in 2 days, I began to play holdthem 0.01c/0.02 no limits and had no luck, so I moved to 0.5c/0.10c no limits and end without money, I think it was because I played to risky, I barely fold, no sure though.

anyway just to let you know my experience.
      thanks

bye
  • 10 replies
    • scriptacle
      scriptacle
      Bronze
      o.O
      Did you even read the materials and the articles :?
      I mean to blow through 50$ on NL2 you've been allin all the time. I haven't really touched my starting capital at FT, but I've been playing cash tables for a while after winning some money from freerolls on other platforms and after adding some theory to my experience from the freerolls I managed to keep my bankroll growing minus some downswings usually when I get adventurous.
    • Hadi
      Hadi
      Bronze
      Hey scriptacle,

sorry to hear this :( It seems to be you were playing very aggressively - if you'd like to give it another shot, try and boost your bankroll with freerolls or by using a first deposit bonus and make sure you've read and understood our basic and bronze articles :)

Hadi
    • mentedezona
      mentedezona
      Bronze
      I read all the articles and some tutorials and undestood them, I passed the quiz so...but I guess I decided to play aggressively, bad choice,
      I also find hard to play slow, im new to poker.

I have 54.03 Full Titt Poker points, what can I do with them ?

thanks for your reply
    • slimn21
      slimn21
      Bronze
      You can't really do anything with those points. I suggest you get a deposit bonus and start playing but much slower. I started with $10 and only played $0.01/$0.02 cash games and SnGs with buy ins under $0.50.
    • dshandel
      dshandel
      Bronze
      hey how can u withdrawal the capital and when??
    • scscpoker
      scscpoker
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mentedezona
      I read all the articles and some tutorials and undestood them, I passed the quiz so...but I guess I decided to play aggressively, bad choice,
      I also find hard to play slow, im new to poker.
      Agressively? Didnt u mean loose -> playing many weak hands? Playing agressively is not bad if u do it with strong hands.

Hard to play slow -> u mean hard to play tight? To fold many weak hands? Yes, in poker u must fold weak hands and only play when u really hold something with value.

You obviously didnt understand what does Bankroll Management mean. Poker is not game of luck, u need to play on table with money that u can lose in some "unlucky hand" and your bankroll doesnt notice it, because u already have like 20 buyins for that limit.

Also, by playing with just few money at once, you earn much experiences by playing. Every player needs experiences, but u get them just by playing, many and many hands. So if u risk all money in one "gamble" for whole bankroll, u can win some money with luck, but u will soon lose it all, so its useless. That wont learn u how to "make money" long-term.

Just play for example with 2$ per table. Everytime u lose stack, replay and analyse that hand. U can post hands to forums and discuss it with other players too. Just make sure to learn from every mistakes and try to not make them in future. There are many situations where u didnt played it that bad - but if ur inexperienced, then u will most times be willing to go allin with some hand, and against GOOD players u will be in bad shape, because they will fold their mediocre hands and will continue only with ones that beats u (for example on flop 58A u will play with A5-AK and be willing to play for stack, but ur opponent will not raise your bet without AQ+)
    • mentedezona
      mentedezona
      Bronze
      Thank you for your reply, you are right, I played loose, waiting always for luck,
      and almost never fold mediocre hands
      I certainly learn poker does not work that way.
    • scriptacle
      scriptacle
      Bronze
      ^^what he said

You should really try finding a format of play more suitable for you. Cash tables may not be necessarily be what's best for you. I find there isn't enough action on full ring tables and have to play 4 just so I don't get bored and loose, but 6max are too intense for me to play long sessions. Try some freerolls, they are good for the soul, you learn patience and get to polish your skills for free but still with some good competition in the late stages, unlike play money. You can play a bit looser than cash games as well, if you read your opp well anyway.

A lot of new players get to poker with bad tv preconceptions. Like the big win at allin showdown, but you'll make most of your money by pushing you opp off their hands and only risk showdown when you know you have alread won. Or people watch televised games and get the impression that the pros play 90% of all hands, while it's like 20 really. Stuff like that. Go to Hollywood become a movie star in a week and live happily ever after. :f_biggrin:
    • mentedezona
      mentedezona
      Bronze
      Thats exactly what happens to me, I easily get bored so I have to look for a more intense/interesting game, thats why I risk too much with hands like J7 for example.
    • bangmesilly
      bangmesilly
      Bronze
      youve done the worst possible thing in poker and that was to move up a level when your not ready to . Stick to the lowest level until your making enough money to move to the next level its the only way to progress , Its has taken me 2 years to learn this so dont worry too much about losing your 1st $50 . Hopefully you have learned that players are not going to gift you thier money and you will be more carefull next reload . Try some $1 sit and gos also they usually make your money last longer .