Hero (BB): $50.00
      UTG: $51.10
      MP: $35.75
      CO: $50.35
      BTN: $97.15
      SB: $8.60

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is BB with A:diamond: J:diamond:
      2 folds, CO raises to $1.50, 2 folds, Hero calls $1

Flop: ($3.25) 5:spade: A:spade: 8:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $2, Hero calls $2

Turn: ($7.25) 6:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $5, CO raises to $18, Hero folds

Preflop Villain is unknown, I decided call > 3bet > fold had the most EV.
      On the flop there is no other line than c/c i guess. No the Turn brings some more gutshots, and he might take a freecard.
      Here I thought bet/fold > c/c because when checking I'm giving him the opportunity to 3barrel bluff me if he is on a busted onecard flushdraw like ATxs or A9xs or random JJs type stuff. I guess b/f is somewhat exploitive but my betting range here will be on the topend of my range twopairs, good Toppairs, 79s, sets and never draws. He will often call the turn and checkback the river (is that a fair assumption) when missing his draws, or make a badly sized bet and else bet large if he hits on the 4 flush boards where I have an easy decision.

It's kind of a fancy play. What do you think?
  • 3 replies
    • Kaitz20
      If you think you´re mostly ahead then no point really b/f turn, but rather c/c him down
      You likely don´t get bluffed that often but if he decides to fire 3 barrel with air or missed draws, then you just gain more.
    • hova
      He is unknown.

Let's assume the river is T:diamond: or 4:hearts: and I c/c 5$ on the turn making the pot on the river 17.25$ and he bets 12 or 13. Would you c/c vs unknown?
    • veriz
      Hello hova,

Actually I like the line you took there. For the reason that he ain't gonna raise there anyways with a lot worse hands and also his line is kinda strong when he takes such a line which more often dominates us. We are very often far behind even here. Therefore I'd also Check/Call the flop and donk the turn if it's not a and likely Bet/Fold as you did. Nice hand!

I don't like Check/Call for the reason that we will never know where we stand with the hand while we can hardly make Calling turn and river very profitable in long run unless we know the opponent.

Best regards.