Stack
      SB:
      $1.51
      BB:
      $3.8
      Hero:
      $7.33

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.96 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:heart: , A:diamond:
      6 folds, Hero raises to $0.15, SB calls $0.13, BB calls $0.10.

Flop: ($0.45) Q:diamond: , 5:heart: , 2:heart: (3 players)
      SB checks, BB bets $0.05, Hero raises to $0.35, SB raises to $0.65, BB calls $0.60, Hero calls $0.30.

Turn: ($2.40) 9:spade: (3 players)
      SB raises $0.71 (All-In), BB calls $0.71, Hero calls $0.71.

River: ($4.53) J:heart: (3 players)
      BB raises $2.29 (All-In), Hero folds, BB gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

Final Pot: $4.53

Results follow (highlight to see):
      SB shows (Ac Qc)
      BB shows a flush, jack high (9h 3h)

BB wins with a flush, jack high (9h 3h)

Super weird hand. Absolutely no idea how to play it. SB & BB calls my raise so they can almost be as weak as just suited cards.

On flop, BB min bets, I raised and short stack SB 3-bets. BB calls and I'm thinking should I 4-bet it here because I'm ok with moving in on SB. But BB min-bets which smells like a very strong hand so I played it cautiously and just calls.

On turn, SB moves all in and BB calls again with a little more than 4:1 pot odds. Put BB on 2 pair and flush draw but not so much. So 4:1 odds is very nice for flush draw. Again, I thought of re-raising but was afraid of a trap by BB so just flat calls.

Bad card came on river completing a flush and BB instant shoves.

How should I play this hand optimally?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello cheekopeh,

First of all I'd raise bigger on flop ~$0,50. And as we get 3bet there I'd even consider making the weak and crying fold rather there. There aren't that many hands what we beat, more often they come up in this situation with strong hand. As played, I don't like the Calldown, just shove it on turn if you wanted to Call on flop anyways and play for stacks. And as played river is a fold. :(

Best regards.